British Speedway Forum

Peterborough Panthers 2019

On 11/16/2018 at 9:58 AM, Sully said:

What makes you think that people want to read your drivel when the forum is for people to chat about Peterborough speedway?

Exactly.  I had taken Crump99's tip to put that kn*bhead on 'ignore'.  It was all going fine - until somebody quoted him and my screen got polluted again with his inane drivel. :rolleyes:

Back on topic: I see the "pick a team for the new season" game has started.  I understand the argument against bringing Hans back - but, even so, he's top of my wish list.  It'd be great to see NKI back too.

Edited by PE7Panther

45 minutes ago, PE7Panther said:

Exactly.  I had taken Crump99's tip to put that kn*bhead on 'ignore'.  It was all going fine - until somebody quoted him and my screen got polluted again with his inane drivel. :rolleyes:

Back on topic: I see the "pick a team for the new season" game has started.  I understand the argument against bringing Hans back - but, even so, he's top of my wish list.  It'd be great to see NKI back too.

i wouldn't be surprised .. i think Niels is struggling with the Kings Lynn track early in the meeting, although hopefully his shoulder will now get some time to start working properly.

1 hour ago, scoobydoo said:

The statement Ged put on the website states that they have started looking at possible riders and hope to share any team building news in the New year 

Procrastination is the thief of time!!!

2 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

The statement Ged put on the website states that they have started looking at possible riders and hope to share any team building news in the New year 

Sounds very similar to the Ipswich statements so far!

• Like 1

Both clubs should surely hear SOMETHING team wise before the new year surely? Louis has always been pretty quick in putting his teams together and always has them completed well before Christmas. 

If there’s nothing heard until the new year, and both clubs follow a similar pattern in team building time wise, then that’ll give more credence to the thought that Louis and Rathbone are not quite “still” in control team wise as originally said. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Both clubs should surely hear SOMETHING team wise before the new year surely? Louis has always been pretty quick in putting his teams together and always has them completed well before Christmas. 

If there’s nothing heard until the new year, and both clubs follow a similar pattern in team building time wise, then that’ll give more credence to the thought that Louis and Rathbone are not quite “still” in control team wise as originally said. 

Without any comment  either way it is becoming more difficult to believe that the three clubs are operating independently.

• Like 2

I think Lynn will sort their team first and leave Ipswich and Peterborough to pick up the scraps left after the other teams have completed their teams. 

I can see Ipswich having Hans Andersen as number one which he was in 2004 when he last rode for us. It won’t be holder batchelor or schlien as buster won’t employ any of those. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

I think Lynn will sort their team first and leave Ipswich and Peterborough to pick up the scraps left after the other teams have completed their teams. 

I can see Ipswich having Hans Andersen as number one which he was in 2004 when he last rode for us. It won’t be holder batchelor or schlien as buster won’t employ any of those. 

Think you may well be right.

14 hours ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

I know if I owned three clubs Ipswich would be my priority and I’d have great delight in giving the other two poorer teams.  

Then what would be the point in you owning three clubs? Taking great delight in doing you’re own money doesn’t make any sense.