British Speedway Forum

Peterborough Panthers 2019

13 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Yes that is the case if they ride for their parent club Poole. I am sure if Matt Ford doesn't want them in Poole in 2019 he will agree to loan them to ?? for a respectable loan fee but probably not nothing.

If the rider is not used by Poole he can decide where he rides, not Matt.  Matt does not "own" the riders, they are self employed who contract to ride for a club.

1 hour ago, A ORLOV said:

If the rider is not used by Poole he can decide where he rides, not Matt.  Matt does not "own" the riders, they are self employed who contract to ride for a club.

Oh I don't know he blocked Davey Watt from going on loan to Oxford at the last min one year. Ended up at Eastbourne or Lakeside instead.

Just now, lisa-colette said:

Oh I don't know he blocked Davey Watt from going on loan to Oxford at the last min one year. Ended up at Eastbourne or Lakeside instead.

Only because either the rider had signed a lifetime contract to be owned by Poole, unlikely, or did not have the backbone to face up to Matt. 

1 minute ago, A ORLOV said:

Only because either the rider had signed a lifetime contract to be owned by Poole, unlikely, or did not have the backbone to face up to Matt. 

He would have been  living in Poole at the time so distance wise Oxford, Eastbourne, Lakeside not much in it. So doubt he was massively bothered as long as he had a team place somewhere! 

Talking of Bacon,  he guested for Wolves back end of last year and did quite well, scores of 4+1(4), 6+2 (4), 3+2 (4), does that not give him an average of 5.5 GSA & 6 CMA? Grondal last rode in the Premiership for Swindon, did he not average 3.5 and get dropped? Why would you chose Grondal over Bacon?

Edited by Panther1997
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Panther1997 said:

Talking of Bacon,  he guested for Wolves back end of last year and did quite well, scores of 4+1(4), 6+2 (4), 3+2 (4), does that not give him an average of 5.5 GSA & 6 CMA? Grondal last rode in the Premiership for Swindon, did he not average 3.5 and get dropped? Why would you chose Grondal over Bacon?

Guest appearances don’t count towards averages.

21 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

Guest appearances don’t count towards averages.

Thanks Neil, I was mearly just stating how in my opinion, Bacon deserves a chance ahead of Grondal! And I didnt rate Bacon at the start of last year but his improvement is going to be hard to ignore.

Edited by Panther1997
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, BluPanther said:

I would be amazed if Bratchelor ever had the cheek to ride for Boro again ...

He had the cheek to ride for Swindon again - all water under the bridge and different players now.  He isn’t perfect but he did a good job at Swindon last season.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sully said:

What makes you think that people want to read your drivel when the forum is for people to chat about Peterborough speedway?

Well said sir. Perhaps he'll twig next that if someone quotes something, despite ignore, one still has to suffer the drivel. Clearly opening a post out of curiosity and posting a reply was a mistake not to be repeated, apologies to those looking in for Panthers chat.

20 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Never mind Peterborough, dont think he will be seen riding for any team associated with Buster Chapman same as Chris Holder 

That's where it gets messy. Whoever rides has to be the decision of the management team at the club. Chapman can't have an input at 3 clubs.

Chapman added: “Everything stays the same at Ipswich and Peterborough with their management continuing to run the clubs.

Still think that Buster will be the money man and will dictate who gets paid what, hes not going to give Rathbone and Louis a free reign and as Louis has said there is no financial gamble for him  involved in running Ipswich now the same no doubt for Rathbone, they may tell him who they think will do a good job but he will have the last say as the owner