British Speedway Forum

Glasgow 2019 Onwards

42 minutes ago, MANSE said:

Just like to take you up on the liquidated company part you posted late one evening you were looking after your sick father [hope he is keeping well ] you went on one of your rants about yourself telling us about what you had done and you mentioned about you lost a large amount being involved with ROK which was liquidated in 2010 after losing 3.8 million in 6 months so that's why I picked up on the liquidated bit.the rest I would   not insult myself to reply to 

Honestly not a problem you seem to thrive on the detail...  even if you don't read it properly...  my company worked as a sub contactor to Rok who collapsed... we took a near 600k hit in 2010 which was massive for a 1.2M turnover business... We TUPE'd out 18 of our 43 staff and had to pay off another 11 and it was one of the hardest things I had to do... awful in fact having to make people redundant from a small family run business i started from scratch... but it was down to me that the company come out the other end and survived but it was hard... in fact it nearly happened again when Carillion went down.. we had just completed a contract with them about 6 month prior to them going belly up and we could have been in the same boat again.. so being one of the small players carries high risk when working for the big boys... I have just been shafted by a French company called  ENGIE who have taken/bought my last major contract and I am actually considering selling up and bailing out but the retirement thing scares the B'Jesus out of me. I have never not worked since the age of 16...

So there it is... you got your wires crossed a bit Manse... I am going back to wetting the babies head if that's okay.

Regards 

THJ 

1 hour ago, SpeedwayNeutral said:

This debt could potentially be over 200k depending on how you interpret the statement as it quotes "each year we have incurred substantial six figure loss each year" and now poaching riders and signing big names which i would never dispute by the way is only going to magnify there debts.... also doesnt help making pantomime videos pre season.

So what are you potentially saying you could not be in favour of our video making skills :icon_smile_clown:.

5 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

It sounds like 'Rassers' key to success last season was 'team spirit'. Hopefully he can help carry it on to Glasgow, where it may have been lacking in recent times.

I blame you for starting the 2020 thread the lunatics have taken over the asylum on that thread to go with the other 47 they have taken over.:D

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Honestly

As it is coming up to Christmas I thought I would share this little chestnut off the Scunthorpe 2019 thread (Page 21) from Gazc where in response to a question posted by "allthegearbutnaeidea" where he asked "Why does every team want Rasmus Jensen?" Glasgow Gaz responded back with...

"Probably appeals as his average is attractive in a watered down league , I would be disappointed if my team signed him.

No dis-respect to him but I have never been impressed any time I saw him albeit he was banging some big scores in towards the end of last season".

Just hope the rest of Christmas isn't such a big disappointment Gazc and signing Rasmus Jensen doesn't spoil your entertainment to much next season, although there is always Hogmanay where you can drown your sorrows, like eh!!!

#teamspirit #PMSL

Regards
THJ

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
Spelling,
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1