British Speedway Forum

Glasgow 2019 Onwards

5 hours ago, Gazc said:

Whoever thought the signing of MBA was a good idea to replace Sarj must be deluded.

This signing has to go down as one of the worst signings i can remember in recent times , the injury to Starke and this signing has put as from a good team to a mediocre one at best.

Perhaps it's a cunning plan to get him to reserve and then the true MBA will appear, 7 rides and double figures in the playoffs . OK I've had a few beers but wouldn't it be good if I was right for once 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Gazc said:

Whoever thought the signing of MBA was a good idea to replace Sarj must be deluded.

This signing has to go down as one of the worst signings i can remember in recent times , the injury to Starke and this signing has put as from a good team to a mediocre one at best.

The bottom four are fragile. We changed Sarjeant as the team owners thought the middle of the team was softening. Its positively mush now. Bailey cant take any of the heat as he's only three months into UK speedway and Bickley is only in his second full CL season. He has tailed off after a good start but young riders are often inconsistent, just look at Bewley still. Sam Jensen is in the team at the wrong time, he has shown potential in the match at Leicester however we cant groom a young rider in a struggling team whilst we are at the business end of the season. Next year he should be a serious consideration though for now we need Starke back pronto.

Speculation on here that Cook will have his appeal heard on Friday, not sure how true that is, we should be kept aware via the SCB website which hasn't had an update since 15 August. If he does get banned that adds another layer of difficulty altogether. 

Edited by MD

17 minutes ago, MD said:

The bottom four are fragile. We changed Sarjeant as the team owners thought the middle of the team was softening. Its positively mush now. Bailey cant take any of the heat as he's only three months into UK speedway and Bickley is only in his second full CL season. He has tailed off after a good start but young riders are often inconsistent, just look at Bewley still. Sam Jensen is in the team at the wrong time, he has shown potential in the match at Leicester however we cant groom a young rider in a struggling team whilst we are at the business end of the season. Next year he should be a serious consideration though for now we need Starke back pronto.

Speculation on here that Cook will have his appeal heard on Friday, not sure how true that is, we should be kept aware via the SCB website which hasn't had an update since 15 August. If he does get banned that adds another layer of difficulty altogether. 

Should be 12 day ban plus whatever they add on for the fact he has no new evidence and was just a stunt to get him in to GP Qualifier race fit and CLRC at which he made a complete muppet of himself and his Club. Hence the reception by fans of every other Club.

35 minutes ago, HGould said:

Should be 12 day ban plus whatever they add on for the fact he has no new evidence and was just a stunt to get him in to GP Qualifier race fit and CLRC at which he made a complete muppet of himself and his Club. Hence the reception by fans of every other Club.

Get over yourself, if he gets banned he gets banned, you'll be pi55ing yourself regardless.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, HGould said:

I think it will be overturned.  It shouldn't, but i think it will be.  

11 minutes ago, ragdoll64 said:

Wouldn’t be the first or last travesty in speedway.......I hope he does...just to see the reaction from all the horribly nasty Cook haters. 

If this happens get the cargo in sit back and have an entertaining evening pi*sing yourself at the implosion.

Comedy gold at it's finest.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

39 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Hope he gets a 28 day ban and Glasgow get knocked out of the play offs so he can’t get any more meetings in once he comes back, nothing against Glasgow at all, just him

Equally, I hope that Berwick close down over the winter due to having a track that's too narrow. Nothing against Berwick team, management or fans, of course.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, SharpenRake said:

Equally, I hope that Berwick close down over the winter due to having a track that's too narrow. Nothing against Berwick team, management or fans, of course.

Oh there we go, I say I hope he gets a deserved ban for assaulting a volunteer and hope that he’s not able to come straight back in to a play off final and you hope a club closes down, did you say the same about Workington last year big man?? Does it make you feel hard?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Oh there we go, I say I hope he gets a deserved ban for assaulting a volunteer and hope that he’s not able to come straight back in to a play off final and you hope a club closes down, did you say the same about Workington last year big man?? Does it make you feel hard?

Oh dear.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

The irony is weak with this one.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Can't see what's wrong with me having an opinion. I take it you think the berwick track isn't too narrow?