British Speedway Forum

Glasgow 2019 Onwards

1 hour ago, IronScorpion said:

It has also been stated that the increase in crowd levels were due to the amount of free tickets handed out. The were then hoping that these freebies would spend their money on food, drinks or merchandise.

Which is fine when that spending goes to the speedway club (and a sensible plan where it is the case)

Unfortunately it is a small minority of clubs that could attempt that strategy

3 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Which is fine when that spending goes to the speedway club (and a sensible plan where it is the case)

Unfortunately it is a small minority of clubs that could attempt that strategy

Even a club that charges a food unit a site rent on a speedway night will not receive anything, just make more profit/trade for the food unit. 

• Like 1

I really like and admire the way Glasgow promote there club and riders. I don't agree the way they spend money after admitting how much they have been looking but it's their money not mine.

The social media is great but I just don't see more fans returning. You have Cook again who brings fans in himself without any doubt. I was surprised at the numbers watching last season when Workington visited especially in the play off semi final. The crowd of that size does not pay the bills.

You had a winning team most of last season until Cook got injured so my point is even after all the superb promotion of the Tigers the goal is more fans through the turnstiles.

It not a dig in any way just that if Glasgow with the best rider in the league promoting the sport the way they do in a major massive city can not get enough fans through the turnstiles what hope have the rest of the club's ? 

One major problem was the fixture list last year or rather the lack of weekly fixtures. we also raced on Sundsays, Tuesday night and even a Saturday afternoon as well as our preferred Fridays. The crowds for some meetings were good and then it seemed to be weeks before we raced again as a team. I think a lot of momentum was lost and with Cooks injury, racing at short notice and on off nights plus the weather, the crowd did seem to drop of. Hopefully the meetings will be held on a weekly basis and on the same day - presumably Fridays? 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, H20 said:

the goal is more fans through the turnstiles.

It not a dig in any way just that if Glasgow with the best rider in the league promoting the sport the way they do in a major massive city can not get enough fans through the turnstiles what hope have the rest of the club's ? 

You could post this on every thread in every league because who rides where is of no interest to people in the real world ( outside of the speedway "bubble" ) who have never heard of the sport. And yes, if a free-spending, well-financed club like Glasgow can't pull in 2 - 3,000 fans to every match, certainly no-one else can anywhere in the UK.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, MANSE said:

Klindt,Jensen,Bach and Proctor they all approached us  but we could pick one:D

so why would klindt who announced he was only doing poole in the UK this year .  proctor went back to sheffield where he is based because he did his own driving to workington and back to sheff . want to travel even mre miles on his own , bach who partner is having a baby in April ish and was not too keen for uk in 2019 and finally rasmus who had already done a deal with workington  for 2019 and was then offered even better terms @ glasgow . and is or has signed for the tigers . 

balls in your court . please knock it back .fantasy MAN SE .

Got to give the two new reserves a chance as it seems all the so called best two pointers have been snapped up.

could be tough on a few away trips with Cookie no doubt taking a TR at most away venues 

When you see Garcia and young Flint at Berwick at reserve ours looks uninspired, big pressure on the top 5 to score every week

5 minutes ago, Tigerforever said:

Got to give the two new reserves a chance as it seems all the so called best two pointers have been snapped up.

could be tough on a few away trips with Cookie no doubt taking a TR at most away venues 

When you see Garcia and young Flint at Berwick at reserve ours looks uninspired, big pressure on the top 5 to score every week

Think we can fill our heat 2 in most weeks before a wheel has been turned = 1.5 at home and 5.1 away.

No disrespect to the young lads but not exactly what is needed, once again we appear to have went down the wrong route in team building only my opinion of course and I would love to be proved wrong but I doubt it.

• Sad 1