British Speedway Forum

Workington 2019

Welcome back Tero, pretty sure the Diamonds fans will be disappointed. Could be a big season for the likeable Finn who has shown signs in recent seasons of being capable of taking the next step of achieving consistent heat leader status. If this does materialise then it can only help in the big heats. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, gregory peck said:

Lambert would be s trump card at reserve, especially in a league of rookie 2 pointers,and he'd handle a lot of second strings also,he'll do for me if it's to be him

Would Simon come in at reserve with Josh been on a 4pt average if he's also the other rider we are rumoured to be signing.

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Would Simon come in at reserve with Josh been on a 4pt average if he's also the other rider we are rumoured to be signing.

Mc Donald will come in on 4.20 . i do believe . so unless lambert get a reduction in his average ,Simon will be in the main body of the team  and put the 4.20 aussie into one of the reserve berths . 

Edited by jenga

5 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Had Tero not agreed a deal with Newcastle ?,,, it all smells a bit 'Glasgowee' this, maybe a second hand Vivaro swung the deal ;)

This had been suggested on the Glasgow thread. 

Never would the holiest of holy Comets ever do such a thing. They are the only sacred spirits in the world of speedway just now. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, nagy1 said:

This had been suggested on the Glasgow thread. 

Never would the holiest of holy Comets ever do such a thing. They are the only sacred spirits in the world of speedway just now. 

Now here I am being good and refraining myself commenting on the Glasgow thread , but low and behold you keep popping your ugly heads up on ours :rolleyes:  Tero  has Polish commitments on a Sunday I believe , so unless he has his own Rocket I doubt he would make it back to Newcastle for a 6.30pm tapes up !! So naff off back to your own thread and celebrate that big surpise (Not) of a team you have , leaving Rasmus to last, as the big unveil no-one knows about , looking forward to seeing his cheesy video :D Lets hope he takes to the Glasgow track as well as DP otherwise you be swinging on that long tail you've got :lol: 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Taylorj said:

Now here I am being good and refraining myself commenting on the Glasgow thread , but low and behold you keep popping your ugly heads up on ours :rolleyes:  Tero  has Polish commitments on a Sunday I believe , so unless he has his own Rocket I doubt he would make it back to Newcastle for a 6.30pm tapes up !! So naff off back to your own thread and celebrate that big surpise (Not) of a team you have , leaving Rasmus to last, as the big unveil no-one knows about , looking forward to seeing his cheesy video :D Lets hope he takes to the Glasgow track as well as DP otherwise you be swinging on that long tail you've got :lol: 

Ooft, the irony is strong with this one. The Tigers thread is full of Comets mud slinging etc

You are obviously very bitter about Jensen coming up north. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Taylorj said:

Julie I remember when speedway fans just liked speedway and were friends with any fan who liked the same.  i also remember when speedway was fun between the fans and the riders and the opposition.  Seems to have all gone so tribal nowadays

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

41 minutes ago, nagy1 said:

Ooft, the irony is strong with this one. The Tigers thread is full of Comets mud slinging etc

You are obviously very bitter about Jensen coming up north. 

aand you are obviously bitter about having to keep sarj for another season ..

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, balderdash&piffle said:

Julie I remember when speedway fans just liked speedway and were friends with any fan who liked the same.  i also remember when speedway was fun between the fans and the riders and the opposition.  Seems to have all gone so tribal nowadays

call a truce then . you start it off. .

but you will still get the keystone cops digging it up again . so who is first to say sorry ?

14 minutes ago, balderdash&piffle said:

I remember too, but sadly you have a certain management/promotion of a Scottish team so desperate and hell bent on doing anything they can to get a Trophy , then crying all over social media about how skint they are yet still manage to throw cash at riders :rolleyes: (after they had agreed terms) ..... bitter about Rasmus ...yes I am too

• Like 3
  • Haha 1