British Speedway Forum

Workington 2019

1 minute ago, spin king said:

Not according to the Workington website.

does not say anything , so i take it with being in the nl/conference  league when he came over  he may get a reduction ....  but how do you polish a wooden spoon ?

25 minutes ago, spin king said:

so he comes in on a 6.00 average . that was his final average . it does not say anything about getting an extra 2.5 off his average , BUT HE MAY BE ENTITLED TO IT after being in the nl/cl . i am not disputing the fact that it states 6.00 . i was only  asking bigger powers that be , could he be entitled to a further reduction  . 

carry on whittling spoon maker !

just to add , if you read some of T.H.Js  posts he claim mason is our number 1 for next season . poss 5.00 rider @ reserve .  happy wid that eye am . i

Edited by jenga
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Islander15 said:

The eligibility rules for the NL has changed since he rode though. Literally because of BWD the rules changed that you need a British passport, so he may have ridden NL at the time but now he would NOT be eligible and is not British. 

thanks , thats all i was asking . then spin thing fires bullets !

41 minutes ago, Islander15 said:

The eligibility rules for the NL has changed since he rode though. Literally because of BWD the rules changed that you need a British passport, so he may have ridden NL at the time but now he would NOT be eligible and is not British. 

Wouldn't expect worky to benefit,nothing new,we stand alone

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, geoff100 said:

On bspa website ty blaming the distance he had to travel from home in sheffield to workington as a reason for leaving ohdear i can do more miles in a day and again the day after and so on , pretty lame reason me thinks !

Yeah, but he has to factor in the cost of a bottle of water at Scotch Corner Services Geoff (!!)

(I wonder if their profit margin is as good as some "retailers" of bottled water ? ) ;)

Edited by A.N.Other
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Islander15 said:

Not true though. Poor wording of the rule means that riders that have previously ridden in the league due to patriality would still be eligible. The British passport and ACU licence stipulation only applies to riders new to the league. We know what they mean but it's not what they say.

4 minutes ago, Alan_Jones said:

Not true though. Poor wording of the rule means that riders that have previously ridden in the league due to patriality would still be eligible. The British passport and ACU licence stipulation only applies to riders new to the league. We know what they mean but it's not what they say.

Here we go again ,interpretation of the rules,what’s new:rolleyes:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Alan_Jones said:

BWD confirmed himself in the winter of the rule change that he was no longer eligible for the NL. 

Steve Worrall 8.17 (less 2.5%) 7.97

Campton                                     6.32

Bewley 6.79 (less 2.5%)           6.62

BWD                                             6.0

Aarnio                                          6.83 (personally would prefer Jensen on 6.59)

Thomas                                       2.24

Bickley                                         2.0

Please excuse maffs (sic) and potential reductions which may be wrong.

Could also consider Simon Lambert @4.19 with reduction and Tom Bacon @4.55 with reduction in place of Thomas and one of Bewley/Aarnio/Jensen, though that would give us rather a long tail. There, I think I have covered most options and most riders. I'll get my coat.

5 hours ago, jenga said:

i think dan is only doing prem this year , not too sure tho . worrall good shout  . i must have read one of the posts wrong , as i thought mason was going to be the highest average rider in the team .

good night people .

I'll be pretty surprised if Mason starts at No 1 jenga.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SteelShoe said:

I'll be pretty surprised if Mason starts at No 1 jenga.

Without looking back, I think THJ gave that impression, maybe Mason would be surprised too. Having said that if most of them are going to be around the same average then maybe, roll on the next one.. S. Worral has been mentioned elsewhere in relation to the Comets..

Edited by comet49
  • Thanks 1