British Speedway Forum

Workington 2019

I am just a bit "curious"..but THJ started postings at a frenetic rate when he joined this forum...up till a few weeks ago, and all of a sudden...he posts hardly anything !

Is there something we dont know about perhaps ? 

Just a bit odd after we all got used to constant postings from him.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, geoff100 said:

Reading this weeks"star" respected  aussie journo Peter white reporting on the crump classic says josh mcdonald is going to find the going " very very tough at workington"  hope he is wrong .

Saw him at Sheffield this season in the Top Gun meeting, where the standard was around the reserve/ lower second string standard for this season's Championship. 

Was a bit wild but very entertaining his ride in heat 19 showed this, takes the lead drift wide into the fence. looking like he was going to come of, but somehow catapulted off the fence and shot back into the lead and won the race.

To give you an idea Kyle Bickerley rode the meeting and scored 6 failed to make the Semi Final or Final.

Josh scored 10 and went out in the Semi Final.    

• Like 2

6 hours ago, A.N.Other said:

I am just a bit "curious"..but THJ started postings at a frenetic rate when he joined this forum...up till a few weeks ago, and all of a sudden...he posts hardly anything !

Is there something we dont know about perhaps ? 

Just a bit odd after we all got used to constant postings from him.

maybe his computer has ran out of ink !

48 minutes ago, comet49 said:

It’s not but I don’t think a surprise. Hope someone comes forward 

http://www.workingtoncomets.co/news/article.asp?id=101054

Having attended the end of season Finals as a neautral ,I though it showed how far the crowd levels have dropped over the last seasons,it looked nothing special but certainly much bigger than the league meetings I attended.I think the racing at Worky is very enjoyable even is not much passing as it is entertaining.goog luck to them I hoping people come forward.Think a lot of tracks are in the same boat however.

59 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

Didnt stop 2 blokes at glasgow !

Difference is Glasgow track was always going to be there even with no money and they will always own it and do as they please with it where as workys being tenants could be out  if and when the rugby/football/sports  moves into their new stadium with no where to go 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, mac101 said:

Difference is Glasgow track was always going to be there even with no money and they will always own it and do as they please with it where as workys being tenants could be out  if and when the rugby/football/sports  moves into their new stadium with no where to go 

It was said at the end of the season that the council are working with the Comets to find somewhere and want to keep speedway in Workington, time will tell. Still needs investment though. I don’t think football fans are keen on the new one.

Edited by comet49

25 minutes ago, mac101 said:

I dont think these days u can say any stadium is safe