British Speedway Forum

Blair Scott on Jeremy Kyle

Just for the record, in my line of work I have come across many addicts. It is an illness no matter how it started. The reality is that addicts come from all waulks of life, some have decent upbringings, many don’t.

Reality is very few succesfully overcome their addiction. For the minority that do, I respect them rather than refer back to what they were when their addiction had hold as they have fought and won a battle few can. Remember addiction can come about from legit sources as well as illegal drugs.

This case as it stands, it’s his family my heart goes out to. For their sake, I hope he proves to be in the strong minority 

• Like 8
  • Confused 1

44 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Well I ain't dead yet.

12 months ago reported neighbour growing weed in their loft and security camera filmed the people coming and going from the house. 

Anonymously reported 6 other homes based on rumour.

If I get a sniff, then I have no shame in picking up the phone.

Saving lives is way better than destroying lives. Proud of what I do.

What you do is up to you. But putting  it on a forum with your real name and where you come from.. Sounds risky to me :blink: 

Having watched the programme today, the one thing they didn't mention was how he started on drugs - was he injured at the end of his career and it was to initially take the pain away?

Addiction is a strange thing - it creeps up on you and slowly takes over your life bit by bit. I was a betting show manager for a number of years and I often saw people collecting pennies off of the floor they were that desperate to get the gambling rush of potentially backing a winner. i saw people waste fortunes in a few months and it's a lot worse now with companies making out that internet betting is cool and trendy and no worse than playing bingo with your friends, For some that may be so but for many others it's an addiction that often leads to theft to fund the spending. - just like a drug addict

Whilst part of me congratulates Daniel Smith and his vigilante approach to drug pushers, not sure how you stop multinational bookmakers (or alcohol producers come to think of it) from pushing addictive product

Anyway, good luck to Blair Scott - he may have done terrible things to his family but if he can get himself sorted out he just might be able to pay for the hurt he has caused his family

• Like 1

On 10/30/2018 at 11:12 AM, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

Sad to see ex Edinburgh rider Blair Scott on Jeremy Kyle this morning, he was the same era as me and I had many good races with him, life has obviously gone badly off the rails for him with drugs. Sad :(

Just caught up with it on a youtube clip.  A sad and very hard watch.  

6 hours ago, waiheke1 said:

If you don't see the difference between someone selling weed and someone selling crystal meth, seems there is little chance of a sensible discussion...

I very much know the difference. It's you miss-reading 

20 hours ago, Lioness said:

Just for the record, in my line of work I have come across many addicts. It is an illness no matter how it started. The reality is that addicts come from all waulks of life, some have decent upbringings, many don’t

Those that don’t have a decent upbringing are probably those on the Orange waulks!!!!

4 minutes ago, tyretrax said:

What has it to do with the thread? You seem to be the bigot.

You just have to follow the posts to see how we got there or got onto taking pics of cars etc.I know it is difficult for some to follow a conv,but sometimes they go a bit off track.Maybe read through things a few times and you will get there

That’s a bit of a jump.Someone mentioned or should we say misspelt walk(Waulk) And I made a bit of a joke.Of course waulk or waulking is part of the traditional process of making tweed,but I couldn’t think of a funny comment about tweed.But since you have popped up tweedle dum springs to mind

59 minutes ago, tyretrax said:

Oh is that how it works? Right, how about the Celtic supporters singing "you can shove your f....ing poppy up you a,,,e" at the football?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCQ18_Vih_o  Here is the link if anyone wants to see and hear it. For the record, I fully support the poppy!  

• Like 1

Finally managed to catch up with Blair`s appearance and my thoughts are this, firstly I hope Blair gets and completes the treatment he was off to start at the end of the show which helps to heal at least some of the rifts that clearly remain within his family and sees him remain clean. Unfortunately I have zero sympathy for him, he has put himself in the situation he is in, and dragged his family down with him, he has lied to and stolen from his close family and split his family asunder right up to the point where his mother has lied to her husband. Whether he can be reconciled with all of his family remains to be seen but hopefully his appearance on tv the other day is his turning point in his life. 

Edited by screm
  • Like 6

Fact is Blair had the bottle to become a professional speedway rider and now has the bottle to appear on national television with the parents he let down so badly and show willing to make amends.This is the first step on the road to recovery and I for one wish him all the best.  

Edited by poppetman
  • Like 1

Just caught us with this ,just another sad and standard tale of someone who is hooked on Herion . Once your hooked you become a different person and will do and  anything  to fund your Habit even if it means hurting your family 

My heart  go's out to his mum who quite clearly will not give up on her son no matter what he has done . 

• Like 3