British Speedway Forum

Belle Vue 2019

10 hours ago, WestGorton1884 said:

Hope I'm proven wrong , but I would have thought persevering with Wells, would have been better option than gambling on Aarnio ?

Either that or as Phil says make 2 signings 

I'd have stuck with wells on the basis of 1 signing.

Maybe the intention is to move berge on when they find a replacement.

Although its slim pickings now. Personally I'd bring in sedgman. He was released, but he was doing a sight better then berge is currently at the time.

8 minutes ago, acef said:

I'd have stuck with wells on the basis of 1 signing.

Maybe the intention is to move berge on when they find a replacement.

Although its slim pickings now. Personally I'd bring in sedgman. He was released, but he was doing a sight better then berge is currently at the time.

Why, he's been pants this year ...

32 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

You can’t re-introduce a rider you have sacked this year.

Riss at Lynn.......

*That reg actually applies to bringing in a rider that was in the final 1-7 the previous year but not included in the intial declaration of the current year anyway

Edited by dontforgetthefueltapsbruv

33 minutes ago, acef said:

What's happened to sedgman anyway have Edinburgh released him?

5 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Injured

To clarify I believe he has tweeted he is almost ready/ready to return

I must admit I thought there was a rule that didn’t allow you to reintroduce a rider in the same season, but I can find nothing in the SCB rules, only can find not being able to reintroduce a rider from previous season not in current line up.

16.3.2 A rider in a Team's declared 1 - 7 at the end of the previous season and not included in that Team’s new season’s initial declaration may not be subsequently re-introduced into that Team without the express permission of the Directors.

• Like 2

Almost certainly the wrong place to ask, but where is the best place to park when attending Belle Vue . I will have my disabled grand-daughter with me, who can only walk shortish distances so nearest car park would be ideal, or is there disabled parking at the stadium?

Thanks Steve

Edited by Eduds1

20 minutes ago, Eduds1 said:

Almost certainly the wrong place to ask, but where is the best place to park when attending Belle Vue . I will have my disabled grand-daughter with me, who can only walk shortish distances so nearest car park would be ideal, or is there disabled parking at the stadium?

Thanks Steve

There's a car park on stadium grounds and also on Pink Bank Lane just past the stadium on the left

not sure about disabled parking but the walking distances are short , 

Edited by WestGorton1884

1 minute ago, WestGorton1884 said:

There's a car park on Pink Bank Lane just past the stadium on the left , not sure about disabled parking but the walking distances are short 

Thanks very much for your help.

Steve

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Eduds1 said:

Thanks very much for your help.

Steve

Any time  Steve ,

also if you arrived early enough you might find a spot on Kirkmanshulme lane , directly facing stadium 

16 minutes ago, WestGorton1884 said:

Any time  Steve ,

also if you arrived early enough you might find a spot on Kirkmanshulme lane , directly facing stadium 

Been looking on google maps. Can you get onto that car park off kirkmanshulme lane with the stadium on the left, or do you have to enter off Hyde Rd. Sorry to be a pain but I can get lost in my own garden.

Thanks Steve

1 minute ago, Eduds1 said:

Been looking on google maps. Can you get onto that car park off kirkmanshulme lane with the stadium on the left, or do you have to enter off Hyde Rd. Sorry to be a pain but I can get lost in my own garden.

Thanks Steve

No problem at all , 

Getting on Kirkmanshulme lane from Hyde road is relatively simple  depending which way You're tavelling 

Coming up Hyde road it would be probably be easier turning right at main crossroads (  pottery lane A6010 ) round the back of car auctions 

then left onto Kirkmanshulme lane .

Coming down Hyde road left after BV train station then immediately get in right lane for Kirkmanshulme lane past the dog track 

1 hour ago, Eduds1 said:

Thanks Steve

Depending which stand you are going in, disabled parking for grandstand is right next to the main reception on Kirkmanshulme Lane, very short walk to grandstand and there is a lift. South stand has its own car park on Pink Bank Lane and can park right next turnstiles if get there at decent time. South stand is standing with disabled area at each end.