British Speedway Forum

Belle Vue 2019

Makes no odds at this time of year. We’ve been penalised time and time again for putting in strong performances throughout the year only to be pipped by teams that strength up. I’ve long since advocated that you win your home league matches by 6-10 points and get stuffed away. Maybe then we could bring in say a CL rider with a converted average of 7?

Don't throw cup games though, do all you can to make the final even if it means winning somewhere where no one else has.  :D

• Like 1

On 5/2/2019 at 10:20 PM, ouch said:

Makes no odds at this time of year. We’ve been penalised time and time again for putting in strong performances throughout the year only to be pipped by teams that strength up. I’ve long since advocated that you win your home league matches by 6-10 points and get stuffed away. Maybe then we could bring in say a CL rider with a converted average of 7?

Don't throw cup games though, do all you can to make the final even if it means winning somewhere where no one else has.  :D

See what Craig is up to in a month or two

On 5/2/2019 at 10:07 PM, Phil The Ace said:

Been poor on the road all year apart from at a very poor Peterborough. I dont really like wanting changes this early but I am changing my mind on that. Need more fire power st bottom of team. 

We will win our home meetings. Right now that’s all that matters. As the season develops and we get to the business end then we can have a look at where the averages are, then make the changes.

Plenty of times in the recent past we have been strong well before the play offs and then fall away when it actually matters

For me it’s just a case of get to the play offs, then strengthen before the cut off. There will be riders come up who want a few rides in the uk around half way through the season.

Another poor performance from out no4 sorry to say. 

Time to test him at 2 or unfortunately be cruel and drop him so early in season. 

What average would Rasmus Jensen come in on?  Would we be able to it him in if we looked at changing Wells and Berge?  We need to make sure we have real cover in Ht 14, we are weak there now.

I see Ipswich sit top of the table 

I realize its early but its amazing how the Witches managed to build a stronger 

line up in 4 weeks than the Aces could in 4 months !!

Mark Lemon still director of all speedway matters at NSS ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WestGorton1884 said:

I see Ipswich sit top of the table 

I realize its early but its amazing how the Witches managed to build a stronger 

line up in 4 weeks than the Aces could in 4 months !!

Mark Lemon still director of all speedway matters at NSS ?

...and the witches team probably put together by the much abused cabbage patch clown Chapman. Lemon is clueless and IMO over rated as a TM let alone a director of speedway. He was an ok rider who’s now way out of his depth and just going through the motions and picking up his pay cheque. The sooner they sus him out and get someone in who’s experienced at BV the better. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Speedtiger     53

5 hours ago,  DBP said: 

The belle vue management are business men with a series of well publicised company failures which sustained multi million pound debt. Google robin southwell

I believe this is the third season of a three season business plan and it will be interesting what happens at the end of this season, it would not surprise me if belle vue were looking for new owners.

Blimey, just Googled Robin Southwell...wow there’s lots of very interesting stuff on him and about a company called Corporate Jet Service and also some of his well dodgy associates who are all now in clink for 47 years for the HBOS fraud. Seems the Bank lost £113m and Manx Government a fortune. Well with a checkered business record like that how long before BV goes bust?

You have to ask why did the Council get involved with him (they must have checked up) and him with speedway? 

Surely they must have to pass a BSPA fit and proper person assessment before being involved in speedway or am I being a little naive? 

This isn’t really for the Craig Cook thread so I’ll move this to Belle Vue thread. 

49 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

"Surely they must have to pass a BSPA fit and proper person assessment before being involved in speedway or am I being a little naive?"

Extremely naive i think- if the potential promoter comes up with the dosh they are in the club !! Terry Lindon being a prime example :) 

Mick Horton slipped through the net several times. Killed Peterborough twice mildenhall once and Coventry once. Team manager at Oxford whilst his brother killed that club. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Mick Horton slipped through the net several times. Killed Peterborough twice mildenhall once and Coventry once. Team manager at Oxford whilst his brother killed that club. 

Impressive CV - sure he would be welcomed back with open arms. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, racers and royals said:

"Surely they must have to pass a BSPA fit and proper person assessment before being involved in speedway or am I being a little naive?"

Extremely naive i think- if the potential promoter comes up with the dosh they are in the club !! Terry Lindon being a prime example :) 

Ok fair enough but surely the Manchester council would have to check on tenants background as they can not be seen to be involved with risky unsuitable people running the stadium. It is easy to check as I just found out, as his business failures and history is a quick click on to google. 

9 hours ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

That’s not the case. Neither Peterborough nor Mildenhall were ‘killed’ by Mick, and Coventry only ended under his ownership following the loss of Brandon which led to the unsuccessful season at Leicester. 

Edited by NeilWatson
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

That’s not the case. Neither Peterborough nor Mildenhall were ‘killed’ by Mick, and Coventry only ended under his ownership following the loss of Brandon which led to the unsuccessful season at Leicester. 

He wasn’t exactly their lucky mascot though was he!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Speedtiger said:

Ok fair enough but surely the Manchester council would have to check on tenants background as they can not be seen to be involved with risky unsuitable people running the stadium. It is easy to check as I just found out, as his business failures and history is a quick click on to google. 

Much of course depends on "who you know" in positions of influence and how long they continue to pat you on the back and say " you can depend on my friend here". When they suddenly drop you, well then you have to dig into the pile of funds you salted away when things last went belly up in your business life.

• Confused 1