British Speedway Forum

Belle Vue 2019

1 hour ago, WestGorton1884 said:

Is Jack Holder definitely going back to Poole ? . 

If  not , thats one option to replace  Cook  

I would think so. I’d love him at bv though. On that type of track he’s such an aggressive rider. Was really impressed with his visits last season.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DBP said:

Also dont forget Cook wasn't actually an Aces rider. They rented him every season from Edinburgh.

So he knew every season that he had to negotiate a new contract and wasn't guaranteed a team place.

THEY didn't have to. Been banging this drum for decades. Assets are illegal. Cook didn't have a valid contract with Edinburgh so could do as he pleased. If BV paid Edinburgh money then more fool them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Reading that statement again, I think another part of the wording is key. The club said he was informed he was out of ‘initial’ team plans. That would suggest they had potentially left the door open but I’m absolutely certain Craig would have had some sort of inclination. 

It it sounds like sour grapes to me and both parties could share some blame here. He shouldn’t be running his mouth on social media. Keep it in house, if your going to say something in public then do it like Tungate did. He’s now completely burnt his bridges and that is just silly. An 8 year relationship should never end that way.

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

THEY didn't have to. Been banging this drum for decades. Assets are illegal. Cook didn't have a valid contract with Edinburgh so could do as he pleased. If BV paid Edinburgh money then more fool them.

Thanks for that,your knowledge is well respected. Out of curiosity, why do some clubs have so many attached riders if they can't get a loan fee.

11 minutes ago, WestGorton1884 said:

If  indeed Jack Holder is Poole bound, then the Aces seem to be running out of suitable replacements fast ! 

Unless theres some GP star lined up already ?

Zagar ?

Woofy ?    ( :D  )

I would think you are going for a more strength in depth look like Poole are. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, WestGorton1884 said:

If  indeed Jack Holder is Poole bound, then the Aces seem to be running out of suitable replacements fast ! 

Unless theres some GP star lined up already ?

Zagar ?

Woofy ?    ( :D  )

Chris Holder? 

• Like 1

There will be no GP rider replacing cook

The replacement all depends on 1 of our riders confirmed average which the bspa are taking there time with. 

If he's the lower figure then a good dependable rider will replace. 

If he's the higher figure then the team will be strength in depth with Very good reserves when Only 1 heat leader

10 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

There will be no GP rider replacing cook

The replacement all depends on 1 of our riders confirmed average which the bspa are taking there time with. 

If he's the lower figure then a good dependable rider will replace. 

If he's the higher figure then the team will be strength in depth with Very good reserves when Only 1 heat leader

Would that Lidsey and whether his Polish experience last year means he is higher than a 'newbie' 4?

11 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Would that Lidsey and whether his Polish experience last year means he is higher than a 'newbie' 4?

He did 1 match in extra liga which may make him higher. Don't see why it should myself personally 

2 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

He did 1 match in extra liga which may make him higher. Don't see why it should myself personally 

It would seem rather harsh for just 1 meeting. Didnt realise it was just 1 rather than a run of meetings

14 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

It would seem rather harsh for just 1 meeting. Didnt realise it was just 1 rather than a run of meetings

He rode the whole season for rawiczs or however u spell it. But they are in 3rd division

29 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

He rode the whole season for rawiczs or however u spell it. But they are in 3rd division

So it will come down to which leagues are included that mean a higher starting assessment