British Speedway Forum

Belle Vue 2019

5 minutes ago, WestGorton1884 said:

Nobody really knows why Craig as been omitted from BV , high wage demands are just speculation,

what I will say is that after 8 years at Belle Vue , CC was everything you’d want from a Speedway rider ... loyal , committed, gave 100% every meeting , 

i certainly wish him the best wherever he ends up 

Remember in previous years in play off meetings against Poole. He had BV blood running through his veins and was totally commited. He was gutted more than anyone when they just missed out winning. If I had been a BV supporter I could not have wished for a more commited rider. Full of raw emotion for BV to do well. It  was not just another European Club for him as part of global track riding around Europe.

In some ways I kind of hated the guy, but maybe it was part envy as that's the kind of commitment and sense of elation/grief I want to see from more riders when they are trying their best for the team and are GENUINELY gutted when they lose out. For many of the top riders its almost a sense of just another meeting and off to POL/SWE/DK tomorrow so doesn't mean too much. Maybe also being British he has also felt a real connection to the team over the years he has been with BV.

• Like 4

CC....Further to my earlier tweet & to respond to some messages - for the record I did not want to leave BV & would have happily celebrated my testimonial there. I wasn’t talking to ANYONE about a move. I have now had to move to secure my future but it was never part of my 2019 plan

18 minutes ago, BLACKHEART said:

Belle Vue are stuffed. Cook and Tungate gone that's 18-20 points per a home meeting gone by letting those two go. 

Its only December !!!,   bit early to say we're 'stuffed' 

Who knows who'll be replacing Tungate and Cook ?.... Maybe they have the replacements already in place ?

1 hour ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Remember in previous years in play off meetings against Poole. He had BV blood running through his veins and was totally commited. He was gutted more than anyone when they just missed out winning. If I had been a BV supporter I could not have wished for a more commited rider. Full of raw emotion for BV to do well. It  was not just another European Club for him as part of global track riding around Europe.

In some ways I kind of hated the guy, but maybe it was part envy as that's the kind of commitment and sense of elation/grief I want to see from more riders when they are trying their best for the team and are GENUINELY gutted when they lose out. For many of the top riders its almost a sense of just another meeting and off to POL/SWE/DK tomorrow so doesn't mean too much. Maybe also being British he has also felt a real connection to the team over the years he has been with BV.

Great post , absolutely spot on :t:

3 minutes ago, BLACKHEART said:

My personal opinion Cook & Tungate are match winners around the NSS and it will be very hard for the replacements to score as well as they did.

Its all about opinions .... My personal opinion is saying Belle Vue are stuffed in early December is way to premature 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Would you not just be having Fricke, Stevie and Bewley as your heatleaders..?

Worrall struggled last season after breaking his leg  he is not heat leader standard in my opinion and no-one knows how Bewley will be returning after serious injury

so I would like to see Bjerre and one of the holders as replacement for Cook and Tungate  just my opinion I'm sure some will agree with me and some wont. Just looking forward to the first meeting with whoever represents the aces.

• Like 1

On 12/1/2018 at 5:27 PM, TheOpinion said:

Can’t see Cook anywhere but Belle Vue.

IF it happened though, how about:

Fricke

Bjerre

Bewley

Allen

J. Holder

Berge

Lidsey

Gutted about Craig, and pretty disappointed with how the club seem to have handled it.

I wonder if something like the above is more likely now?

Or perhaps if Worrall is back then just 1 of Bjerre or Holder along with a higher avg 2nd string than J. Allen.

Or maybe something no one is expecting? Chris Holder? Zagar?

I just hope this decision has been made because ML is building a title winning team and he’s wiping the slate clean, instead of a cost cutting measure.

• Like 1

Very very poor decision from Belle Vue in my opinion. Craig is a rider who pulls fans in by his 100% commitment to the club. He is Belle Vue through and through. Most other riders just fly in do there bit and fly out. He does much much more than just ride for the club. Fans events promoting the club that Craig. Very surprised maybe Lemon wants more Aussies in the team next year.

That's my desire to visit Belle Vue gone. No Cook no Dan no thanks see you again sometime.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, WestGorton1884 said:

CC was everything you’d want from a Speedway rider ... loyal , committed, gave 100% every meeting , 

Really?

Didn't the BSPA write a whole new rule, just for Cook, to say that if you cried off from a meeting with a dodgy illness excuse you were banned for 7 days?

Was he giving 100% in your bank holiday meetings with Leicester when he did 1 pointless ride before pulling out of both meetings because he was "tired"?

• Like 3

With cook and fricke on similar averages I suppose it was always going to be one or the other. Who would you choose? It's a no brainer really so can understand bell vue's decision. What they have done wrong is the way they have went about it. Surely some one from the club should of had the balls to tell mr cook he wasn't in there plans.