British Speedway Forum

Belle Vue 2019

Its horses for courses and I'm sure Ricky would go well under a different set of circumstances.

BV are really frustrating in the way they just hang onto poor performers.

And then doubly they dont act at the right time. For instance, Ryan Douglas is hot right now and will fly round the NSS. I would imagine a door opened when Bellego became available, a rider who goes really well at BV. Rasmus Jensen was unemployed in the top league. The list goes on and on.

We are to loyal to riders who are not delivering and then invariably if we do a make a change, its either to late or the wrong one.

Edited by acef

2 hours ago, acef said:

Its horses for courses and I'm sure Ricky would go well under a different set of circumstances.

BV are really frustrating in the way they just hang onto poor performers.

And then doubly they dont act at the right time. For instance, Ryan Douglas is hot right now and will fly round the NSS. I would imagine a door opened when Bellego became available, a rider who goes really well at BV. Rasmus Jensen was unemployed in the top league. The list goes on and on.

We are to loyal to riders who are not delivering and then invariably if we do a make a change, its either to late or the wrong one.

I agree acef. Im not a fan of lemon, I think he’s a poor manager who’s living on borrowed time. He is slow to act and make changes and he makes some very basic mistakes but to be fair he’s not running the show. He’s the junior at BV as Smith calls all the shots as it’s all about money and his ego. Smith knows nothing about promoting speedway and actually nothing about running a business and thats why there’s a big problem at BV and why they are losing a massive amount of cash each season even though BV has the best track and stadium in the country! The way things are at BV and the sorry state of british speedway,  I really fear for the clubs future.

Glad to see Ricky turn a corner so to speak, aside from the collective poor show at Swindon Ricky has averaged near 7 points a meeting in the last month. Dan and Steve are getting better by the day and with Kenneth and Max we have a great top two. I’m still optimistic that as we near October we’ll be hitting form. 

49 minutes ago, Speedtiger said:

I agree acef. Im not a fan of lemon, I think he’s a poor manager who’s living on borrowed time. He is slow to act and make changes and he makes some very basic mistakes but to be fair he’s not running the show. He’s the junior at BV as Smith calls all the shots as it’s all about money and his ego. Smith knows nothing about promoting speedway and actually nothing about running a business and thats why there’s a big problem at BV and why they are losing a massive amount of cash each season even though BV has the best track and stadium in the country! The way things are at BV and the sorry state of british speedway,  I really fear for the clubs future.

You do crack me up with ur bile 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Phil The Ace said:

You do crack me up with ur bile 

Phil, I accept you are just an ordinary fan and probably ignorant of what goes on in the background but I have good contacts at BV. one is a mate of photographer who been at the club years and has access to lots of stuff. The other no a mechanic who also worked on the track when it was being build. So yes I do know what’s going on.  

10 minutes ago, ouch said:

It’s hilarious the stuff he makes up and in such an obvious manner. 

It’s all one note though so you may as well block the troll as you’ll only get more of the same. 

THE hilarious thing is that he's not even a good troll.

To troll well you have to give biased opinion, which people may disagree with, but they can't say you're wrong, because it's a matter of opinion.   But this troll makes up stuff that is easily verifiable as untrue, and makes himself look a complete plank.    What's most hilarious is when he follows up his made up nonsense with the word "FACT" in capitals.

But he's given me a great laugh today with the "I know this is true because I know someone who is a mate of a photographer!" :rofl:

On that basis I have a direct line to the Glaziers as I know someone whose nephew is going out with a girl who works behind one of the bars at Old Trafford.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, WalterPlinge said:

THE hilarious thing is that he's not even a good troll.

To troll well you have to give biased opinion, which people may disagree with, but they can't say you're wrong, because it's a matter of opinion.   But this troll makes up stuff that is easily verifiable as untrue, and makes himself look a complete plank.    What's most hilarious is when he follows up his made up nonsense with the word "FACT" in capitals.

But he's given me a great laugh today with the "I know this is true because I know someone who is a mate of a photographer!" :rofl:

On that basis I have a direct line to the Glaziers as I know someone whose nephew is going out with a girl who works behind one of the bars at Old Trafford.

We will see very soon, FACT.

Time for changes was weeks ago, it's not the losses away it's the fact apart from Wolves we haven't been close to even getting a point.  No changes = no play offs.

• Like 1

Before yesterday we had 10.14 to use if we changed berge and wells. But we have kept with them and now as of last night if we was to change we only have 9.40 Or 14.10 if we replace lidsey to. Because he is somewhat getting away with very poor performances away.