British Speedway Forum

Belle Vue 2019

On ‎12‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 10:12 AM, Rob B said:

Our 2018 team added upto 45.34 (the highest in the league) so we had to drop nearly 3 points off that. Tungate was never going to improve his average and is poor away from NSS, Bjerre is on a baragin average and can put a point on that.

I wanted Tungate  to stay (and I think you are wrong about his away performances) but it would be very difficult indeed to suggest that he is a better option than Bjerre, especially given their starting averages.

25 minutes ago, Halifaxtiger said:

I wanted Tungate  to stay (and I think you are wrong about his away performances) but it would be very difficult indeed to suggest that he is a better option than Bjerre, especially given their starting averages.

Tungate  rode 13 home meetings in 2018 and his average at the NSS was 8.14. He rode 12 away for an average of 6.22.

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, A ORLOV said:

There will be some good guests about as the clubs are split between running on mon or thurs.

That's the thing, they're not split. Only Wolverhampton are confirmed Monday's. King's Lynn, Peterborough, Ipswich, Poole, Belle Vue and Swindon have chosen Thursday. The Thursday clubs have occasional Monday meetings 

14 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

That's the thing, they're not split. Only Wolverhampton are confirmed Monday's. King's Lynn, Peterborough, Ipswich, Poole, Belle Vue and Swindon have chosen Thursday. The Thursday clubs have occasional Monday meetings 

I thought I saw a list where more were using monday, still never mind

13 hours ago, Alan_Jones said:

It's top 3.

Guest for number one then guest or RR for second or third but as we are looking at fixed race nights, most possible guests are usually riding the same night elsewhere so RR is often used. 

Ricky Wells would be a bargain on an average under six and pairing him with Dan Bewley would be a strong partnership with both capable of adding a point to their averages despite being a partnership.

22 minutes ago, INCOGNITO said:

Guest for number one then guest or RR for second or third but as we are looking at fixed race nights, most possible guests are usually riding the same night elsewhere so RR is often used. 

Ricky Wells would be a bargain on an average under six and pairing him with Dan Bewley would be a strong partnership with both capable of adding a point to their averages despite being a partnership.

Is Wells that great on the big tracks? i am not convinced he would do great at home away yes certainly can score useful points for me Wolves is his home.

24 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Is Wells that great on the big tracks? i am not convinced he would do great at home away yes certainly can score useful points for me Wolves is his home.

On his limited visits, he has done very well. In fact he surprised me somewhat in the craven meeting, he was dynamite .

15 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Not forgetting Good Friday and the occasional Wednesday!!

1 hour ago, acef said:

On his limited visits, he has done very well. In fact he surprised me somewhat in the craven meeting, he was dynamite .

Just looked a mixed bag really, 8 pts in the Craven (2017)   6 pts for Rye House (2017)     -  2018.   2 pts from 5 rides in the 90th Anniversary meeting.    and 4 pts from four rides for Leicester.

Edited by Sidney the robin

Last few years wells as been topnperformer in championship behind GP rider cookie. Not bad if u tell me. 

Wells is a great signing on a 5.76 average as 2nd string. He will constantly get you 5/7 points most meeting. Much prefer that to the 12 1 meeting and 1 the next that we are used to. 

I have to laugh at fans sometimes. Belle vue fans are the worse. They expect us to sign 7 heat leaders over on my Facebook page. Don't think they understand that your team as an average limit. 

But as I always say. Belle vue fans are thick (ME included)

On 12/10/2018 at 9:16 AM, acef said:

Happy with that. Guess Lindsey is a 4 then

Fricke.........8.20

Worral........6.32

Wells..........5.77

Bewley........7.31

Bjerre.........7.02

Berge.........4.0

Lidsey........4.0

correct me if I'm wrong but that team totals 42.62.????????? I took the averages from the SGB website

6 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

Last few years wells as been topnperformer in championship behind GP rider cookie. Not bad if u tell me. 

Wells is a great signing on a 5.76 average as 2nd string. He will constantly get you 5/7 points most meeting. Much prefer that to the 12 1 meeting and 1 the next that we are used to. 

I have to laugh at fans sometimes. Belle vue fans are the worse. They expect us to sign 7 heat leaders over on my Facebook page. Don't think they understand that your team as an average limit. 

happy that you said it, and not me.:D

Edited by hyderd

16 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

Would Jake Allen be better value on a lower average?  he can also improve.See your point about Wells a steady Eddie type do think Tungate's home points will be really missed we shall see.

5 minutes ago, Bradford Ace said:

Bewley and Worrall’s averages are wrong - they haven’t had the 2.5% deduction taken into account.

The team comes in under the limit therefore 

Good news. Thanks.

• Like 1