British Speedway Forum

Belle Vue 2019

2 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

I think you will find it is for all riders that have been in the NL, nothing to do with nationality, but as usual the lack of statement details is not helpful.

Too many details leaves a lack of wiggle room later in the season when someone wants to pull a fast one! 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, geoff58 said:

so if it's from whenever the NL started if we sign cook and steve worrall they also get 2.5 reduction ??

It seems yes as written in bspa statement, no doubt the managers know the detailed wording, if they have made it up yet.

Edited by A ORLOV
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

So can we sign 7 British riders who all rode in NL, meaning we will have a team 17.5% higher than the 42 50. 

That's the way to go surely 

Actually it would still only be 2.5% over

• Like 2

If you ignore Woffinden & riders aged over 35 (surely not NL recently), I'm not sure a team of 7 Brits who completed the 2018 season regardless of points limit would win the league.

Lambert would have to do wonders in heats 13 & 15.

On 11/17/2018 at 3:15 AM, ZagarRacing said:

You can rule out Berge, in talks with Swindon apparently on the recommendation of Bellego. 

On the recommendation of Bellego lol.  As if Roscoe doesn't know all about Berge, he's hardly un-tapped talent.

For what it's worth Berge wasn't all that great for me.

Doing some team managers work today in work. This is what I would like to see and probably a real possibility. Will give us strength at reserve for sure 

Fricke 8.12
Cook 7.44
Bewley 7.09
Worrall 6.00
Garrity 4.87
Allen 4.59
Lidsey 4

=42.11

• Like 2

They won away at Somerset and Swindon when it really mattered and got into the play offs. It could have been a completely different story if Bewley and Cook had not been injured but that's speedway.

I would certainly keep Fricke, Cook and Bewley. Garrity is too inconsistent and too injury prone and would presumably come in on his PL average of 5.71, less 2.5%, if it applies to all who have ridden in the NL. Worrall is on a very attractive average if he can fully recover over the winter and return on the form he was in at the beginning of last season. We need stronger reserves and Allen would certainly fit the bill as would Lidsey, who did well in Poland.