British Speedway Forum

Lakeside v Workington 27/10/10 play off final 1st leg

2 hours ago, Hodgy said:

Your memory is much better than mine, also very clear and descriptive...mmmmmmmmm. Have you been outed? 

Never an Everett fan, all too cheesy. Only remember one funny sketch that involved a sheep. 

"Anyway Michael he then ravished me" The beard and boobs were something else in fact "in the best possible taste"

And who can forget the character Cupid Stunt for our younger viewers yes it really was allowed on telly in the 70s

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rayleigh said:

And who can forget the character Cupid Stunt for our younger viewers yes it really was allowed on telly in the 70s

I only realised the meaning of this character a couple of years ago, even though I was a big Everett fan..I felt such a Stupid *unt. :oops: 

1 hour ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Marra if you like sheep you qualify as an honorary Cumbrian!!! Honest... just ask Jenga....

And if you have ever seen the film Under Siege when Gary Busey as Comander Krill dons a dress that would be me. 

Frightening thought... yuk... ha ha... am an ugly mug in a pair of jeans an a tee shirt so the last thing ya wanna see is me in a frock...

Regards

THJ 

Thanks for the offer but not needed. My blood line is all Cumbrian, unfortunately, my bloody selfish parwents (The Young Ones or Harry Enfield) work options went south therefore hatched far away.

Always enjoy a Cumbrian Shank.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, NickRushbrook said:

Looking forward to this!

Fair play to the supporters coming so far. 

Hopefully be a great occasion and a win for the Hammers.

Let’s hope those showers do one :) long bloody way to come for tea and a pint :drink: Come on The Mighty Comets !

Hoping the showers are few and light and that all the riders stay safe..I think we all want  a result that is fair to both sides and some good racing on what will undoubtably be a very cold night..wrap up warm..........

44 minutes ago, waco said:

Hoping the showers are few and light and that all the riders stay safe..I think we all want  a result that is fair to both sides and some good racing on what will undoubtably be a very cold night..wrap up warm..........

Best thing is, we’ve got glorious sunshine here in Worky right now!!! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cityrebel said:

Gonna be hit and miss weather wise tonight. Let's hope after three rain offs at Rye, the Hammers get lucky staging this one.

Yet again forecasters cannot agree and the BBC cannot even agree with itself. The summary says dry all day but the weather map has heavy rain (and snow!) pushing in from 4pm and moved away by 10pm. Met Office shows heavy rain from 6 to 8pm whilst Metcheck predicts light rain from mid-afternoon onwards.

I hope we can pull off a win and enough to mount a challenge tomorrow. Nick and Richard will have to be in top form and Adam less twitchy at the gate. Ben will need to carry forward last Wednesday's form and at least half a dozen points from Zach. Alfie should manage a few which leaves Kyle to up his game. Surely he must have learnt by now that charging up the inside on this circuit gets you nowhere.

My season ended with the last meeting at Lakeside, had it in mind to get to Rye House at least once or twice but I am glad I have not bothered, tonight will be no exception, its a big meeting but I would rather my lasting memory of the season would be of a happy night at Arena Essex than a long cold night at Rye probably watching very much from the gate racing.

I can't think of what would happen if this meeting was to fall foul of the elements, there is no room for error now, despite the fact this is the best team we have had under the banner of the Hammers for many seasons, its largely been a ghastly season for the sport with endless weeks of having no meetings then when we do get one it takes what feels like a few weeks to get 15 heats completed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WorkyWorky said:

Best thing is, we’ve got glorious sunshine here in Worky right now!!! 

yep , break out yer mankiniis !and ladtkinis .... (spelling) ? 

safe trip to all fans making this this great effort to rye . home and away fans ,,,,,,, both have a journey to get there . 

hope you see some good racing and are entertained tonight .

Edited by jenga

12 minutes ago, marko said:

My season ended with the last meeting at Lakeside, had it in mind to get to Rye House at least once or twice but I am glad I have not bothered, tonight will be no exception, its a big meeting but I would rather my lasting memory of the season would be of a happy night at Arena Essex than a long cold night at Rye probably watching very much from the gate racing.

I can't think of what would happen if this meeting was to fall foul of the elements, there is no room for error now, despite the fact this is the best team we have had under the banner of the Hammers for many seasons, its largely been a ghastly season for the sport with endless weeks of having no meetings then when we do get one it takes what feels like a few weeks to get 15 heats completed.

I guess each to their own...the thing being if most thought like you we would lose the Hammers for good.

You can pass at Rye House( it happened quite often when Nicholls and Harris were there earlier this year), you just need a bit of shale down and not race a meeting after an all day ride and slide session!!

Hard to tell if we will have a lot of showers/or very few looking at all of the weather forecasts available this evening....fingers crossed though.

Let's hope the weather is kind   ....Up the Hammers!

29 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

Should have run this last night, with today as a stand by date. The weather looks to be turning unsettled next week. Sums the season up really.

Yep I agree why could not have been last night ? A Grand Final and the shine taken off it fighting against the weather ...currently we passing Peterborough and pretty wet !  :neutral: