British Speedway Forum

Workington v Lakeside Double header 29/10/18 19:00hrs

Once whilst staying in weymouth hired a car late in day to go exeter got their ok came out of stadium could not remember where car was parked nor what make it was just knew it was red was  left to walk streets hitting the zapper until a red car door opened , sat in granstand couldnt see all of the track it waa that steep so went on back straight watched a woman put the kids to bed houses were that close to track .plus once i caught a train their on a monday in sept jumped in a taxi to go stadium driver was a fan and told me there not racing tonight lol hadnt checked the star fixtures , happy days .

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

Once whilst staying in weymouth hired a car late in day to go exeter got their ok came out of stadium could not remember where car was parked nor what make it was just knew it was red was  left to walk streets hitting the zapper until a red car door opened , sat in granstand couldnt see all of the track it waa that steep so went on back straight watched a woman put the kids to bed houses were that close to track .plus once i caught a train their on a monday in sept jumped in a taxi to go stadium driver was a fan and told me there not racing tonight lol hadnt checked the star fixtures , happy days .

was that all in the day when driving under the influence was more tolerable, or just a sieve-like memory ? ;)

Edited by ruffdiamond

9 hours ago, The Voice Of Reason said:

You really look like pizza would do you the world of good. :rofl:

Occasional treat back then (2003) and a very rare occasional treat now (although I cant remember the last time I had a pizza, but probably a good two years ago). But thanks for the observation :P

19 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Think we might need to wait a little longer for fixture news with what is currently happening at lakeside.if they can't get the lights back on that's another fixture that will have to be took into consideration this week.

Common sense would say the result tonight will stand.  But this is speedway so anything is possible.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, comet49 said:

Do you mean Scunny beating us, so should our win at Lakeside be the result too?

Lakeside v Peterborough should stand despite being abandoned after 8.

Edited by StevePark
typo for heat abandoned!
  • Like 1