British Speedway Forum

Workington v Lakeside Double header 29/10/18 19:00hrs

2 minutes ago, comet49 said:

It’s on Comets FB, also details of tickets tomorrow, more complicated cos of double header. I’d only post if seen on c a Comets thing. 

YOU MEAN TRYING TO GET 3 TEAMS DOWN AND SQUEEZE  THEM ALL INTO THE PITS AREA . LOL .

Edited by jenga

1 hour ago, comet49 said:

Reply to Jenga. ....Refunds etc lol. I hadn’t seen the Lakeside Boro score when I posted about results standing, realised when I did. Of course that result should stand. 

no problems . no fighting , no kicking , no biting.  from me  . wrong all the time lol .

• Like 1

11 hours ago, JeremyCorbynFan said:

Where does it say that in the rule book? 

You can't make up rules. 

Another couple of heats the result would have stood, P’boro couldn’t have caught up. This late in the season, time running out...”in the interests of speedway” P’boro should magnanimously accept the result. 

• Like 2

This is the problem.

When rules are stuck to rigidly, people complain 'there is no room for common sense'.

However when there is a hint that some common sense may be shown people say 'what is the point of having a rule book'

I am sure it is the same people each time complaining each time, and just like to whinge and have a pop at all and sundry.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, comet49 said:

Another couple of heats the result would have stood, P’boro couldn’t have caught up. This late in the season, time running out...”in the interests of speedway” P’boro should magnanimously accept the result. 

It would clearly help Lakeside if they ( Boro) did accept defeat as 'ammers only have use of Rye House this coming weekend....if a replay is ordered where does that leave Comets room to stage the washed out Shield double header and Play off final home and away.... it's still going be an headache whatever the SCB decide...?... Cue Totally honest John...help....

BTW.........is there another sport that has you weather watching, and panicking at cloud formation, as much as Speedway does ?

1 hour ago, singy13 said:

It would clearly help Lakeside if they ( Boro) did accept defeat as 'ammers only have use of Rye House this coming weekend....if a replay is ordered where does that leave Comets room to stage the washed out Shield double header and Play off final home and away.... it's still going be an headache whatever the SCB decide...?... Cue Totally honest John...help....

BTW.........is there another sport that has you weather watching, and panicking at cloud formation, as much as Speedway does ?

Probably cricket?

2 hours ago, singy13 said:

Oooops ...yes of course.....though they do often salvage some action via use of covers....hey now there's a thought ?????

Steady on Singy13 there are a few too many (dare I say sensible) thoughts going on a present.

Do you think anyone has thought about us poor supporters today?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, geoff100 said:

Still no word on sgb website about sundays fun at rye nothing on comets about fixtures have taken days off others have moved work so i could go mon night and thur am thinking why bother this aint fun anymore !

The best laid plans of speedway fans and promoters...

The plan was (but is now right up in the air)

Thursday Scunny Cup (done deal)(yeah)

If Lakeside had won it was...

Lakeside away Saturday (po) Lakeside home Sunday (po) Lakeside home Monday double header (shield + league)

If Boro had won it was...

Boro home Saturday (po) Boro away Sunday (po) Lakeside home Monday double header (shield + league)

If Lakeside are now saying they only have one date available then there is a major impasse. This not only doesn't help Worky it shafts everyone. C'mon BSPA make a decision daddy wants to plan his weekend...

Regards

THJ

• Like 2

Was tonight an option for the restaging of Lakeside v Peterborough - The Final Chapter (Possibly), or was the announcement of tonight being a possibility for the restaging of our double header with Lakeside a non starter to start with.

Anyone know? ........................and when is it likely to be staged now?