British Speedway Forum

AGM November 2018

4 hours ago, Gemini said:

Okay with warning  stop lights then like on a car.  Solved. :D

Recall Melvyn Taylor suggesting after a particular dusty meeting at Smallmead (and I saw a few of those!) that he would have felt safer having fog lamps placed on the back of his bike to stop people from running into him!

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Can never understand the powers that be who run the sport.

Many have said we are at a watershed moment in the sport and this could be one of the most important AGM's in determining which way the sport goes in UK. I find it incredible that the SGB site is only  too keen to mention it has doubled its Twitter followers and that its only ??? until the sport returns in March yet NOTHING mentioned about this very important AGM starting today.

One would have thought in the very least they should be all over twitter mentioning one of the most important AGM's ever to have taken place in the sport was kicking off today. Also making most of social media to say they would update twitter/facebook immediately news flowed out of the AGM as to whom may be continuing in the sport in 2019 and informing us the poor mushrooms that we would be kept updated as to any news as it happens on any changes to league format/team points limits and anything else that would keep fans regualary checking the site for updates.

Maybe it just shows the ignorance of the BSPA that they choose to keep all in the dark even to the degree of not even mentioning arguably the most important AGM in the sports recent history. Like do they think that thousands would be descending upon Chepstow in protest or to try and influence the meeting ??

To me it would make sense to keep fans informed in order that general interest can be kept throughout the 3 day meeting process. Yes we can wait until its all done and dusted and get one big version but that's hardly utilising modern media to its full potential.

Incredible to think that POL transfer window closes in 2 days and Sweden almost completed their teams, yet we sit hear with nothing but news about clubs closing or promoters looking to sell up or clubs needing major cash injections if they a re to continue in 2019.

But they claim that the Agm is the most important ever and a watershed moment for quite a few years now, so no one believes them anymore and just hope that any changes they make actually are for the benefit of the fans and the future of the sport rather than just the benefit for a couple of clubs or promoters.    

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

But they claim that the Agm is the most important ever and a watershed moment for quite a few years now, so no one believes them anymore and just hope that any changes they make actually are for the benefit of the fans and the future of the sport rather than just the benefit for a couple of clubs or promoters.    

Come Wednesday evening we all be saying what was that all about again hope im wrong :o 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Can never understand the powers that be who run the sport.

Many have said we are at a watershed moment in the sport and this could be one of the most important AGM's in determining which way the sport goes in UK. I find it incredible that the SGB site is only  too keen to mention it has doubled its Twitter followers and that its only ??? until the sport returns in March yet NOTHING mentioned about this very important AGM starting today.

One would have thought in the very least they should be all over twitter mentioning one of the most important AGM's ever to have taken place in the sport was kicking off today. Also making most of social media to say they would update twitter/facebook immediately news flowed out of the AGM as to whom may be continuing in the sport in 2019 and informing us the poor mushrooms that we would be kept updated as to any news as it happens on any changes to league format/team points limits and anything else that would keep fans regualary checking the site for updates.

Maybe it just shows the ignorance of the BSPA that they choose to keep all in the dark even to the degree of not even mentioning arguably the most important AGM in the sports recent history. Like do they think that thousands would be descending upon Chepstow in protest or to try and influence the meeting ??

To me it would make sense to keep fans informed in order that general interest can be kept throughout the 3 day meeting process. Yes we can wait until its all done and dusted and get one big version but that's hardly utilising modern media to its full potential.

Incredible to think that POL transfer window closes in 2 days and Sweden almost completed their teams, yet we sit hear with nothing but news about clubs closing or promoters looking to sell up or clubs needing major cash injections if they a re to continue in 2019.

The majority of them don't see anything wrong with the sport  ,a little tinker with the rules should see it Ok for another season, and make up the rest as they go along.

10 minutes ago, screm said:

Hearing that one huge decision has been taking today, after much debate the BSPA decided to ditch the Custard Creams they have had for years with their morning coffee in favour of Chocolate Hob-Nobs.

Revolution is in the air.

Exclusive picture from this incident:

alabama-daily-life.jpg

I believe the lady on the left is the new chairwoman of the BSPA

Edited by The Cheese
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

34 minutes ago, The Cheese said:

Exclusive picture from this incident:

alabama-daily-life.jpg

I believe the lady on the left is the new chairwoman of the BSPA

19 minutes ago, Rayleigh said:

That's you banned its Chairperson, welcome to the Liberals Mad World

Chairbird or chairchick will do. Never bow down to feminism. 

I'll teach my kids the correct way to never be offended.

It's chairman. Like fireman, policeman etc. Anyone offended by the word man in a job title really needs to get a life.

What do feminists want to be called?

fe(male), (lad)ies, wo(men)

Oops, major diversion alert - rant over

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Trackerman48 said:

Well after day one wonder what they have come up with to fix our sport?....

Wasn't day one supposed to be about finalising all 2018 matters, like the BT money divi up etc. Also comments were made that clubs were supposed to announce on this first day I Fthey intended to run in 2019.

Bearing in mind the doubts surrounding the possible ongoing participation of clubs such as Redcar/Workington/Lakeside and or Rye House (and maybe others ??), would have thought today was an important day ??

Did not such teams have to say yes (or no) as it would then be those who said no would not be allowed to attend the rest of the BSPA AGM ??

Someone can correct me if i am wrong.

10 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Wasn't day one supposed to be about finalising all 2018 matters, like the BT money divi up etc. Also comments were made that clubs were supposed to announce on this first day I Fthey intended to run in 2019.

Bearing in mind the doubts surrounding the possible ongoing participation of clubs such as Redcar/Workington/Lakeside and or Rye House (and maybe others ??), would have thought today was an important day ??

Did not such teams have to say yes (or no) as it would then be those who said no would not be allowed to attend the rest of the BSPA AGM ??

Someone can correct me if i am wrong.

Things can change over the course of the 3 days. What someone says on day 1 can change dramatically by day 3.  Thats why in the past someone has supposedly 'leaked' some detail which then turns out to be inaccurate

I'm all for a well-worded, fully informative press statement at the end of the AGM.

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 4