British Speedway Forum

Lakeside V Peterbrough Play Off Semi Final 14-10-18

32 minutes ago, New era Panthers said:

That is   your opinion , but regardless of what you think it is the correct decision and I honestly don't know what you are worrying about as the patched up Panthers will I am sure put up a much better show this time but still not good enough to even be close .

It is a decision that is, in effect, a fine on Lakeside. The mid week fixture will be a financial disaster for the promotion as I doubt the attendance will even merit manning the turnstiles!

7 minutes ago, TonyE said:

It is a decision that is, in effect, a fine on Lakeside. The mid week fixture will be a financial disaster for the promotion as I doubt the attendance will even merit manning the turnstiles!

And Workington too, the whole idea of the play offs was to give clubs a bumper gate and boost the coffers, what chance have Workington or Lakeside got to promote the final, I've agreed with some of Ged's stances in the past but not this one I'm afraid - this selfish behaviour could earn him a seat at the top table if he doesnt sell !

• Like 2

1 minute ago, cityrebel said:

If they wanted to get it over with, why not concede the tie. This way it's costing everybody money. The promoters are going to be out of pocket, and so are the fans.

The season should all be done and dusted by now anyway, less fixtures yet its nearly November and nothing has been decided yet. Fixture planning does not get any worse than this 2018 nonsense....

• Like 5

2 hours ago, TonyE said:

Send the bill to Rye House they supplied a venue not fit for purpose.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cityrebel said:

If they wanted to get it over with, why not concede the tie. This way it's costing everybody money. The promoters are going to be out of pocket, and so are the fans.

Are Peterborough actually allowed to concede the tie wouldnt they then face a heavy fine, with the team there putting out they are as good as saying its all yours have it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TonyE said:

One minute many say surely they can find a midweek date to restage the match, now they have its now a financial disaster. 

I would have fancied a trip to Arlington ....... nice little stadium.....plenty of parking space,   good resonably priced cafe at the back of the pits area and a good track souvenir shop with a wide selection of speedway books

Probably far too much grip on the track for both PBoro and LSide riders

• Like 4

8 hours ago, iainb said:

Didn't he elect to have his operation, weeks ago now, knowing he'd let both of his clubs (and fans) down... Would also be interesting to know when your number 1 booked his hollibobs

He (BWD) actually informed Peterborough before signing for them that he had surgery scheduled for 27 September and they were happy for him to sign on that basis. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, old bob at herne bay said:

I would have fancied a trip to Arlington ....... nice little stadium.....plenty of parking space,   good resonably priced cafe at the back of the pits area and a good track souvenir shop with a wide selection of speedway books

Probably far too much grip on the track for both PBoro and LSide riders

Smart pub in Hailsham

9 hours ago, iainb said:

Would also be interesting to know when your number 1 booked his hollibobs

Scott, regrettably announced his season was finished, due to the injury, some time ago. That would include October. Why are you so interested when he booked his Hollibobs? 

• Like 2