British Speedway Forum

Lakeside V Peterbrough Play Off Semi Final 14-10-18

10 minutes ago, NickRushbrook said:

Still think it's unfair tbh.

Just race the remaining heats with the scores as they were.

Perhaps not the rules but a darn sight fairer than this.

does that normaly happen with rain offs

no its either award the fixture or full re run

its just like being on a 5 1 and the 3rd or 4th place rider goes down then they get 3 3 in rerun

Edited by scaramanga

2 minutes ago, NickRushbrook said:

I would hope that Peterborough do the 'honourable thing' and name the same team as Sunday.

Anything else would be unfair surely. 

20 points down on the night and get another crack at 0-0. Total joke. 

Surely if Peterborough pull this off, nobody in their right mind can say it's fair.

As long a Panthers and Lakeside adhere to Rule book of course it's fair. 

Glad to see this is going to be settled on the track like it should, doesn't matter why the previous meeting never went the distance, a full rerun is the order of the day, Hammers still go into it with a two point lead and if they are unable to finish the job against a "poor" Panthers team then there is no point facing Workington, no point scrapping into a final only to then be humiliated home and away.

• Like 2

Important factor in this meeting. Panthers riders will have the right set up from Heat 1. They will just carry over the bike changes from last night. 

Hope we book some decent guests for Wednesday. Will we get special dispensation to use Wells and Harris? 

Edited by JeremyCorbynFan
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, JeremyCorbynFan said:

Important factor in this meeting. Panthers riders will have the right set up from Heat 1. They will just carry over the bike changes from last night. 

Hope we book some decent guests for Wednesday. Will we get special dispensation to use Wells and Harris? 

Ricky Wells' average is too high whilst Chris Harris is ineligible as Glasgow were a play-off team.

Edited by tocha
typo!
  • Like 1

Worrall and Garrity fit for Nicholls and Palm Toft. Barker (is he fit?) in for Ulrich. 

Worrall, Grondal, Barker, Garrity, Lambert and Wilkinson. That would be my side. 

I am not up to date with the rules but would there be anything stopping the Panthers using Broc Nicol as a replacement for Tom Bacon? 

Edited by JeremyCorbynFan

1 minute ago, JeremyCorbynFan said:

Worrall and Garrity fit for Nicholls and Palm Toft. Barker (is he fit?) in for Ulrich. 

Worrall, Grondal, Barker, Garrity, Lambert and Wilkinson. That would be my side. 

I agree you should book Barker ;)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JeremyCorbynFan said:

I am not up to date with the rules but would there be anything stopping the Panthers using Broc Nicol as a replacement for Tom Bacon? 

Should be the same lineups

43 minutes ago, JeremyCorbynFan said:

Bound to be a better rail service on a Wednesday...Sunday always has a reduced service..