British Speedway Forum

Somerset v King's Lynn KO Cup final 1st leg 17/10/18

18 minutes ago, waytogo28 said:

I think that is a very likely possibility as some promoters don't think much of the BT deal.

I don’t think much of some promoters especially when they agree to disregard regulations.

Until they learn to work together for the greater good of the sport then it’s doomed, BT deal or not

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Still no sign of Gavan.. Chomp chomp chomp

Still no sign of any humility...... sad sad sad

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Cliffeboy said:

How would you feel if BT pull the plug on League racing and only show the GP’s. 

Then the likely outcome would be one combined league at a lower level without any of the top riders as  many clubs lost money this year   

Edited by A ORLOV

15 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

Then the likely outcome would be one combined league at a lower level without any of the top riders as  many clubs lost money this year   

Apparently Poole are ok - so we can all rejoice :wink:

it is worrying times that even with a diluted product, clubs still struggle to balance their books.  Without radical, back to basics action, British speedway will continue its long lingering path to extinction :sad:

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

The playoffs are to decide who wins the league. If you want top to have a trophy then don't have the playoffs. 

I think in Rugby League they have League winners and play offs. It seems to work for them. In your above response you say the playoffs are to decide who WINS the league. By definition that must mean the best team over the season surely, not a team that may be 10 points off the top and win say 4 matches at the end. Our sport is dying on its feet, when I try to explain our set up re the playoffs to sporty friends of mine their response is what is the point of knocking yourself out ( with our guys literally sometimes) and finishing top to get potentially rockall. In a funny way I think this whole business with Nick Morris will hopefully encourage a change in thinking at the top level.

Edited by Cliffeboy
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Cliffeboy said:

I think in Rugby League they have League winners and play offs. It seems to work for them. In your above response you say the playoffs are to decide who WINS the league. By definition that must mean the best team over the season surely, not a team that may be 10 points off the top and win say 4 matches at the end. Our sport is dying on its feet, when I try to explain our set up re the playoffs to sporty friends of mine their response is what is the point of knocking yourself out ( with our guys literally sometimes) and finishing top to get potentially rockall. In a funny way I think this whole business with Nick Morris will hopefully encourage a change in thinking at the top level.

I have said this to many friends at work to re the play-offs and they find that a turn off and what's the point.Yet some of them have found the actual racing on tv quite good.

Is speedway the only sport where the actual winners of the league actually get nothing.In many other sports i know they have play-offs but the league winners are mainly rewarded for their seasons achievement in the form of a trophy are they not:unsure:

19 minutes ago, tellboy said:

I have said this to many friends at work to re the play-offs and they find that a turn off and what's the point.Yet some of them have found the actual racing on tv quite good.

Is speedway the only sport where the actual winners of the league actually get nothing.In many other sports i know they have play-offs but the league winners are mainly rewarded for their seasons achievement in the form of a trophy are they not:unsure:

My point exactly.

2 minutes ago, ray c said:

Perhaps just perhaps he got better things to do than read some of the crap day in and day out on here :t:

Doubt it, he's normally on here 24/7, dont stick up for him, just think about what he would have said from now untill Christmas had we got beat. Im thinking of going into the Sour Grape business, id make a fortune on here.. Chomp chomp chomp.:rofl:

• Confused 1