British Speedway Forum

When anybody has been to Vojens over the years where have you stayed ? I've had a look at this early point and only one hotel which is already sold out. 

There is a kinda camp site with 8 shacks .... Anybody stayed here ? Or camped ? Or local-ish hotels and a bus in ? Hammelev looks an easy bus but not sure after the speedway. Although i did get a hotel of sorts in Malilla most of the people there were camping is this the same with the lack of hotels ?

Any help / ideas much appreciated. 

Then again Kolding to Vojens only takes about 35-40 minutes,so no big deal

I did stay in a hotel just outside Vojens and walked to the track.Place was ok

Probably just as easy to stay somewhere like Sonderborg,which is very nice and has some good bars.A Scottish one and a Bavarian one for instance or even Flensburg isn’t too far away .Ribe,one of the oldest towns in Denmark is also 40 minutes away and has a decent Viking museum and a nice little town.Aabenraa is also a nice little place where you can enjoy a drink at the beach or in the market square 

Seeing as it takes me 2 hours or so,all these places are just down the road from Vojens for me at least

Edited by iris123

On 10/15/2018 at 11:52 PM, PHILIPRISING said:

Best choice by far

I looked here and there was a bus, do you know if there are bus's after speedway ? Although i'll have a car i don't plan to take it to the speedway so i can have a drink !

Thanks,

Barry

Some good replies but mainly driving options. I'd be happy to camp in Vojens if possible but ideal i'll be driving close and then on the public transport. Managed it with Malilla last year even though the bus was a little shakey with it's schedule. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

See Jacob Olsen is taking over Vojens with plans to run a team in the Superliga in 2020.Good news for me!!!And there are also plans to host other events such as concerts.A need for renovation/ upgrading the stadium is also mentioned

• 1 month later...

What are local taxi rates like, I 've discovered I can get to vojens relatively simply by train for less then 100 quid each way. But then the accommodation I am Looking at range from 8-11 km from vojens. Just wondering being in the relative sticks how easy is it to get around? Thanks in advance.

On 10/10/2018 at 8:29 PM, Pont said:

Also how do i go about getting these posts verified a little quicker ? I don't post often but checking back to see if there are replies and seeing it's still not approved is a little frustrating. 

Its probably because no one knows the answer.    Plenty of people will reply if they can help.     Maybe no one has been to Vojens

4 hours ago, teaboy279 said:

What are local taxi rates like, I 've discovered I can get to vojens relatively simply by train for less then 100 quid each way. But then the accommodation I am Looking at range from 8-11 km from vojens. Just wondering being in the relative sticks how easy is it to get around? Thanks in advance.

Mail a hotel as they can be exact on buses or taxi..   Maybe they offer a shuttle on GP weekend ?      Denmark and Sweden are very expensive for everything.

39 minutes ago, Mark said:

Its probably because no one knows the answer.    Plenty of people will reply if they can help.     Maybe no one has been to Vojens

Think you have missed the point.The question is about how long it takes a mod to control a newbie’s post and make it visible

Then again I doubt if anyone apart from a mod can answer that apart from i’d imagine it depends on how much they have on their plate at any particular time

• Like 1