British Speedway Forum

Kings Lynn 2019

2 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Don't really watch much Polish speedway,but see Lublin was on so thought i would watch to see how Lambert would get on in the top Polish league.What would Miesiak come in on,a 4 maybe:unsure:

0,1',3,1,3=8+1 from 5 rides,not bad for his first meeting in the top league in Poland.

Thanks Tel :t:

13 minutes ago, TooMuchGrip said:

QUOTE ' The club are pleased to announce the appointment of PETER SCHROECK as team manager.

This allows Dale Allitt more time to recover from illness and we send him our good wishes as always'

Well he must be pleased with how his reign started at Poole last night!

16 minutes ago, TooMuchGrip said:

BANK HOLIDAY START TIME CHANGE

Stars Bank Holiday Monday meeting at Peterborough will now start at 6.30pm. Avoiding a time clash with Posh playing at home to Sunderland.

Ffs. How long have the speedway club known the football is at home Easter Monday? People have made plans for the afternoon meeting.

3 hours ago, mrss said:

Ffs. How long have the speedway club known the football is at home Easter Monday? People have made plans for the afternoon meeting.

I agree entirely- 2pm was perfect for us but now with the later start time we are very doubtful 

Brilliant to see Ruthless has sorted out whatever gremlins he had and normal service is resumed 333.With Robert firing from number 1 you will always stand a chance in my opinion. Robert on form will get you between 25%-33% of the points total required to win or draw a meeting if the others can chip in i think you will always have a chance . That is my opinion anyway time will tell .Same applies to Doyley at Swindon but i think they have a little more back up for him. All that said a out form Robert means you have little to no chance of winning a meeting .

Edited by ProudtobeaBrummie

18 hours ago, TooMuchGrip said:

BANK HOLIDAY START TIME CHANGE

Stars Bank Holiday Monday meeting at Peterborough will now start at 6.30pm. Avoiding a time clash with Posh playing at home to Sunderland.

With a strong owner and a vastly experienced promotional team, you can expect such skilful tactical planning. You can't expect them to be thoughtful and considerate of their supporters as well.

2 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Did anyone see the ad on ITV for the bangers at the AFA yesterday. Must of cost a bomb :blink:

Dont think it does cost 'loads'..

With ITV being regionalised often you find complete ad breaks given over to 'small' businesses in your local area, which, I presume, is offered out for less than the usual going rate?

Here in Granada land we often see ads for local car sellers, caravan sellers, private hotels etc etc. Not usually during peak time but during lesser watched programmes..

A bit like you used to see in the cinema with Pearl and Dean..

Par Par Par Par Par Par Par Par...etc  :D

Maybe given the 'close' proximity of Busters three clubs, a collective advert covering all three might be worth it?

Or maybe, heaven forbid, the sport does one as a collective and goes national with it!:rolleyes:

9 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Did anyone see the ad on ITV for the bangers at the AFA yesterday. Must of cost a bomb :blink:

No i didn't see it on ITV,but i see it on a Sky channel,my missus said it was Sky Witness.

30 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

It was my Mrs that saw it not me, but she deffo saw it on ITV she says :t:

I'm not disagreeing at all with you,i'm just saying we see it on a Sky channel.I couldn't remember which Sky channel it was as i don't take to much notice of the programmes she watches.But she realiably informs me it was Witness.They must be pushing the boat out to push an ad on Sky as well as ITV.

2 minutes ago, tellboy said:

I'm not disagreeing at all with you,i'm just saying we see it on a Sky channel.I couldn't remember which Sky channel it was as i don't take to much notice of the programmes she watches.But she realiably informs me it was Witness.They must be pushing the boat out to push an ad on Sky as well as ITV.

I know you wasn't Tel. Agree, must be a big meeting. Maybe one of many world championships ;)

8 hours ago, Haza said:

So why not advertise speedway on TV ?

I've seen Lynn advertised on TV a few times ( for speedway), many years ago. I'm going back a while though. I was probably a teenager, i'm 55 now :)

On another note, I see Lewis scored 11 from 4 yesterday for Eastie against Somerset :t:

Edited by Bald Bloke

On 4/14/2019 at 6:59 AM, Haza said:

So why not advertise speedway on TV ?

Because they believe that the miracle - bring everyone to our door is - social media. It's nearly free so very appealing to promoters. Ha Ha, nothing could be further from the truth at least for speedway. Pearl & Dean and regional TV is a much better bet ( but you have to pay for it ).