British Speedway Forum

Kings Lynn 2019

9 minutes ago, The Stag said:

Kasper Andersen out scored by Josh Bailey at Sheffield tonight. He's the one member of the team I have serious concerns over!

He looked tentative on P&P day. It's early days yet, but lets hope it's just a bit of rust.

Early season meetings are mainly to ironĀ out teething problems withĀ bikesĀ and shake off the winter rust on both man and machine. Proctor had some issues at Berwick on Saturday and Kasper had a nasty flip at the gate last night in mitigation of their scores but what really matters is what they produce for Lynn, especially once the season is getting into full swing 8-10 meetings in. If they are struggling then I will be concerned but not really worried at this earlyĀ stage.Ā 

Edited by Bagpuss

On 3/31/2019 at 10:53 PM, The Stag said:

Kasper Andersen out scored by Josh Bailey at Sheffield tonight. He's the one member of the team I have serious concerns over!

me too looks shocking on the bike and if kings lynn going to do anything they need shut of him

17 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

He does look tense an the bike. He came on last seasons assessed 4.0 average for team building this season, that is a bit of a worryĀ :blink:

Ā 

The only reason he is in the team is his cheapness. Ā  He's a nice lad,Ā  but not good enough to ride in the top division. Ā 

• Haha 1

Concern over the team manager role. Heard rumours that Dale is suffering from mental health issues. If that's the case, really hope he gets well soon! Perhaps it would be better to take away the stress of an immediate return and appoint someone better than Campos in the meantime!Ā Ā Rob Lyon or Olly Allen?

15 hours ago, g13webb said:

The only reason he is in the team is his cheapness. Ā  He's a nice lad,Ā  but not good enough to ride in the top division. Ā 

Cheaper than Simon Lambert ? on a point less that would allow the top 5 to be stronger, and score as much.

A few laughed when I said over the winter that Lambert over Kasper would free up a point. Would give 7.67 for Proctor for example.Ā 

Edited by Bald Bloke

1 hour ago, Bald Bloke said:

Cheaper than Simon Lambert ? on a point less that would allow the top 5 to be stronger, and score as much.

A few laughed when I said over the winter that Lambert over Kasper would free up a point. Would give 7.67 for Proctor for example.Ā 

He's cheaper than Simon because Kasper scores f@ all points to get paidĀ :t:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Anyone know what happened to a poster called ā€œscreamerā€? Or maybe heā€™s still posting but changed his/her username?

Can remember him being a very passionate Lynn fan a few years ago

He posts under the name Daniel Smith.

8 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

I wasn't one who laughed at the suggestion.Ā  My immediate thoughts were Andersen was included so he could compete his number of meetings to verifyĀ  his true low average , thus creating the opportunity to bring in a second heat leader. Ā  Ā Ā  But that was me being positive....Ā 

But why would Lynn spend so much time giving Andersen fitness training, team building if they were to drop him at the first chance. Ā Ā  So am thinking now he is in for the duration, liking it or not... Ā Ā 

1 hour ago, g13webb said:

I wasn't one who laughed at the suggestion.Ā  My immediate thoughts were Andersen was included so he could compete his number of meetings to verifyĀ  his true low average , thus creating the opportunity to bring in a second heat leader. Ā  Ā Ā  But that was me being positive....Ā 

But why would Lynn spend so much time giving Andersen fitness training, team building if they were to drop him at the first chance. Ā Ā  So am thinking now he is in for the duration, liking it or not... Ā Ā 

I too was thinking the same with Andersen and his average.Only time will tell i suppose.

Ā 

8 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

He's cheaper than Simon because Kasper scores f@ all points to get paidĀ :t:

What wages is he on?Many people claim to know what riders get paid but actually they know f@ all as you like to put it.

10 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Who was available and willing to ride in the uk on a 7.67 average....? Not that many, and pretty predictable where they all have ended up so not that extra point wouldā€™ve realistically made much difference - kascper might have beenĀ a gem and work out a trump card....Lambert is what he is

admittedly kascper did not look great Thursday but in fairness Foxhall isnā€™t an easy track for taller guys, youā€™ve gotta turn the bike quite hard and their left leg makes this more awkward so will often take more than a couple of visits to master in less experienced riders

11 hours ago, The Stag said:

Concern over the team manager role. Heard rumours that Dale is suffering from mental health issues. If that's the case, really hope he gets well soon! Perhaps it would be better to take away the stress of an immediate return and appoint someone better than Campos in the meantime!Ā Ā Rob Lyon or Olly Allen?

Rumours ???? and you think it's appropriate to repeat them here?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, waytogo28 said:

Rumours and Fake News abound when the truth is denied to the people.

Rumours and fake news abound when certain posters are determined the rubbish stirĀ ;)

People saying weā€™re the second worst team in the league yet the only change from the start of last year is Riss for Iversen.Ā Iversen hardly rode last year and when he did he was inconsistent and only had a couple of good meetings. Riss has proved his ability and consistency so for me the stars will be fine once they areĀ firing and in the swing of things. Olly Allen should be the stars manager for the mean time in the absence of Dale and once things are all smooth Kings Lynn will beĀ Play off contenders all the way for me.

Edited by MParkins52