British Speedway Forum

Kings Lynn 2019

23 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I’d probably suggest that we wait for ten to twelve meetings before deciding whether we have been ‘let down’ or not. 

I fear the knives will be out quite early from some,just because we have so many early away matches.

8 minutes ago, Haza said:

Have to add it’s a uninspiring team line up Lambert apart it’s a championship side certainly not one that will bring in more support in my opinion - that said they did very well last season so who knows - trouble with what you say about waiting 10-12 meetings in will that be too late in a very short season in a 7 team league ?

It’s a fair point, although only half of the first dozen meetings are actual league matches so if by the end of May it’s decided that changes are required there will be plenty of points left to win to get into the Play Offs. In terms of bringing in support, I understand and appreciate the desire to see fresh faces but at the same time many people build up a rapport with riders and having seven riders back from last year will go down well with lots of fans. 

Some are unhappy with the team others seem prepared to suck it an see.

I well remember when we had a top 3 of Lee Jessup ( World 1&2 at the time) and Hellsen ( 9 ish average).  What did we win that year ? FAS that’s what.

Then later a top 4 of Crump, Nicki P, PK and Klingberg (big money signing from BV). Again what did we win that year ? See above

1 hour ago, semion said:

Some are unhappy with the team others seem prepared to suck it an see.

I well remember when we had a top 3 of Lee Jessup ( World 1&2 at the time) and Hellsen ( 9 ish average).  What did we win that year ? FAS that’s what.

Then later a top 4 of Crump, Nicki P, PK and Klingberg (big money signing from BV). Again what did we win that year ? See above

You are absolutely right in what you are saying though in the Crump Nicki P PK season we did lose PK with a broken leg so who knows how that season would have ended - 

And I seem to remember Coventry retain I think 6 of there 7 from the previous season and going onto being champions not sure of the year . 

We shall all have to wait and see how our current 1-7 preforms this season would be good to have an injury free one for staters . 

• Like 1

On 3/9/2019 at 8:19 AM, semion said:

Riss at 5 for me.  Heat 13 and all that.  Want to see Tofty up at 2 ASAP.  Lambert and him will be a good pairing there.

Procter at 3 TJH at 4

I seem to recall a few months back there was mention of Richard Knight being involved again.  Or did I just dream that ?

I had a quick chat with Richard at the Tatum and Pearson evening and he told me his role  was all about generating sponsorship for the club

• Like 4

Purchasing 3 clubs and purchasing a rider as an asset, Speedway obviously isn't short on money for one man if you believe what he's said in the past. That money spent on Speedway is only generated from Speedway and not from Stock Cars :blink:

On 3/8/2019 at 12:17 PM, Bagpuss said:

That’s a fair point but I was more thinking of a club specific one which can be used to be alerted to news etc and to use instead of a programme on race nights.

Ah I see, I’d imagine a club one would be too expensive at a guess.

2 hours ago, INCOGNITO said:

Kings Lynn, Ipswich and Peterborough look the three weakest at the moment but a few swaps or changes mid season could see one of them finish strongly and with mid table getting you in the play offs anything could happen.

Peterborough look weak??:unsure:

15 hours ago, geoff58 said:

IMO all of bent busters clubs will finish in bottom 3 with wolves/aces/poole/swindon in play offs !! 

I'm not one of Buster's disciples who cant see no wrong in what he does,  but to call him 'bent'  is over the top and a insult to his character .    Like him or loathe him, we have to remember if it wasn't for Buster we wouldn't have Premier league of Speedway .

Remember when dishing out personal insults,    Buster, of late, has done more for the sport then  anybody.....

And I'm no Buster lover.....:t:

• Like 6

On 3/9/2019 at 7:37 PM, g13webb said:

Its about who I prefer,     Batch is a person we don't  like, but he will still scores quite a few points.    No doubt he will outscore all our riders, with the exception of Lambert...

Hans to me represent reliable points.  yes, he may be past his best but he can still win important races.   A consistent gater who score points on any track.    Riss, exciting as he may be ,   he struggles on tight tracks  and needs the open spaces to come into his own.   cant see him outscoring Hans this year anyway.... 

Honestly

When were you last at Edinburgh? IMHO Riss will do well this year he is a quality rider and will only improve I can see him upping his average by at least a full point...

Regards
THJ

• Like 3

2 hours ago, GWC said:

I should imagine the financial outlay to have a GP rider like Iversen is considerable so investing for the future with riders committed to the UK makes sense.

Completely agree with the comment regarding Ivensen / GP riders and the associated costs but investing in future UK committed riders? MPT, TJ & Proctor have largely hit their level, Kasper & Riss are using the UK while it suits and Lambert is only hanging around until he gets his full time GP place then he will be out like a shot. Not exactly visionary from Lynn.

On ‎3‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 10:34 AM, geoff58 said:

he's bent alright !! manchester council seen right through when he tried to get is slimey hands on b/vue in 2017 thank god !!

At no time did Buster want to take over Belle Vue. Instead, as chairman, he brought two interested parties to the table and it was down to them to satisfy the Council and BSPA which one was the most suitable. You need to be extremely careful in how you are labelling individuals on here, especially when you clearly don't know the facts.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Piccolo said:

At no time did Buster want to take over Belle Vue. Instead, as chairman, he brought two interested parties to the table and it was down to them to satisfy the Council and BSPA which one was the most suitable. You need to be extremely careful in how you are labelling individuals on here, especially when you clearly don't know the facts.

Irony award goes to.......

Almost 100% incorrect. 

9 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Completely agree with the comment regarding Ivensen / GP riders and the associated costs but investing in future UK committed riders? MPT, TJ & Proctor have largely hit their level, Kasper & Riss are using the UK while it suits and Lambert is only hanging around until he gets his full time GP place then he will be out like a shot. Not exactly visionary from Lynn.

I’m afraid that is the level we are now at in the UK and if it means speedway clubs will survive then so be it.

Until we have more Lamberts coming through that is.