British Speedway Forum

Kings Lynn 2019

4 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Nobody knows how Kasper will do but MPT ought to be one of the best reserves in the league.

I think Toft is only a reserve and i feel he is decent but know more than that can he move up to replace Kerr in the top five  No in my opinion.

Edited by Sidney the robin

8 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

The way I understand it is that the reduction applies to the team building total but not the riding positions

If that is the case then,it will have to be Toft with Kasper.

Very Deja vu is it not? Same team as last season minus Iverson....No one gave us a hope in hell this time last year. And we finished top of the table(forget about the 2 legged final which Poole won after using every rider possible). Lets see what happens shall we?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, K3Scotty said:

Very Deja vu is it not? Same team as last season minus Iverson....No one gave us a hope in hell this time last year. And we finished top of the table(forget about the 2 legged final which Poole won after using every rider possible). Lets see what happens shall we?

Exactly. The team which finished comfortably top last year with an excellent away record is unlikely to struggle at the bottom in a weaker league by changing one rider. They might but it’s highly unlikely. 

• Like 4

On 3/1/2019 at 8:07 PM, g13webb said:

Have to agree with you there Sidney,     I have tried to see the logic of this stagnated announcements but fail miserably in understanding their reason.  To the promoters this may seem like a big laugh but the only people they are penalising is their own supporters.  

Although there has been no official word,  you didn't need to be Einstein to guess the outcome.       Like most have said,  the team has been as expected, so there has been  no surprises. .  .   .    .    .    .    .    so far.       In trying to understand the reasons why they would leave Riss till last,  prompts the question of,    is he ????

Remembering a comment Dale made in the SS a week or so back about some excitement coming at the end  makes me think there could be a change in store.   Could be a white elephant, but either way,  I'm not holding my breath.    

Looking at the 6 riders named so far,   I struggle to see  how people think it will be strong enough to be competitive.     With the help of the track preparation, we may win a few at home, but on our travels we  will be up against it....           Take Robert away, and all we have is a second division side.   

Take Robert Lambert away from the team that effectively won the league last year......I wouldnt call it  2nd division side.....Just the best team without the star rider....

16 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Exactly. The team which finished comfortably top last year with an excellent away record is unlikely to struggle at the bottom in a weaker league by changing one rider. They might but it’s highly unlikely. 

Like you say,  changing one rider don't seem a lot,   but when we are referring to an absent  GP rider who rode in the hardest races being replaced  by a second string , the difference is phenomenal.   Niels may have had a hard time last year but I lost count of the 5-1's  he scored with Robert in heats 13 and 15 to win matches.  He was one of the few riders who performed well  away from home.  We can all remember how we performed without him in the finals last season.....

I wish I could be more optimistic ,  but trust me, without a second heat header we will struggle...     Yes, Procter and Riss are exciting riders,   but when comparing them with their opposite numbers from  the other teams  they pale insignificance.  

When comparing them to Peterborough,  they are a gulf apart...….. 

43 minutes ago, g13webb said:

Like you say,  changing one rider don't seem a lot,   but when we are referring to an absent  GP rider who rode in the hardest races being replaced  by a second string , the difference is phenomenal.   Niels may have had a hard time last year but I lost count of the 5-1's  he scored with Robert in heats 13 and 15 to win matches.  He was one of the few riders who performed well  away from home.  We can all remember how we performed without him in the finals last season.....

I wish I could be more optimistic ,  but trust me, without a second heat header we will struggle...     Yes, Procter and Riss are exciting riders,   but when comparing them with their opposite numbers from  the other teams  they pale insignificance.  

When comparing them to Peterborough,  they are a gulf apart...….. 

And people are ignoring the fact that the teams fortunes in 2018 only turned around when Kerr and Andersen were replaced.

They're back in the team, with no Iversen as heatleader backup. 

This team is seriously lacking in all departments. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Actually both Poole and kings Lynn broke the rules in the final using illegal guests but they changed the rule the previous day so that’s ok

How when the transfer window was shut and the guest didn't even wanna ride for the club he guested for ?

3 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

This team is seriously lacking in all departments. 

Apart from at number one presumably. 

Ive predicted 4th/5th and I’m pretty confident on that. Certainly don’t see us topping the table again, but nobody thought that last year.....

2 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

I don’t think we have a great team at Ipswich this year and I’m in agreement with the majority that we’ll struggle unfortunately. (Not stopping me looking forward to the season mind). 

But, I have to be honest Lynn is one fixture I’m confident of winning certainly at home at least. 

I think it's on par with Lynn.  The Stars have Lambo, but Ippo's reserves look better. I'm hoping Danny and Lewis are ready in body and mind. Important for both teams. Looking forward to the battles and will be happy if the Stars get a home win, and not thrashed at Foxhall ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Greg said:

Jesus you lot are a happy support bunch ain't ya .

Eveybody is entitled to an opinion, positive or negative. At the end of the day what any of us say on here is pretty irrelevant, results on track are all that matter in terms of where we end up in the table. 

• Like 2

To be fair to Buster with three teams to run I would imagine he is looking at all three from the overall generic business perspective..

With all three having very different agendas..

Both Peterborough and Ipswich will I am sure get a bit of 'top league bounce' and bring in a few fans who maybe have stopped going..

Two or three hundred of them at each track and the picture will look reasonable I would think...

Peterborough have often seemed to be a team that when doing well can attract decent crowds but when doing poorly seem to lose a high proportion of their fan base. Hence putting together a 'good team' makes sense....

Ipswich will hopefully get that 'bounce' and it is a track that has always seemed to hold onto a 'decent following' regardless of which division they are in or who rides for them, hence it makes sense not to go overboard with recruitment..

And as for Kings Lynn, they too seem to have a reasonable 'die hard' following regardless of where they finish in the league therefore, again, it doesn't make financial sense to spend big money on riders. Especially given he will have (at least) four local derbies to help bring fans in. (And 12 local derbies as a minimum in total)..

And dont the stox help fund the Speedway? Therefore Buster doesn't need to fork out unnecessary money to make the stadium pay...

Lets be honest, there is no kudos in winning any of the domestic speedway titles given the ridiculous rules and the way the sport is ran, so it makes complete sense to run all three clubs with the sole aim of at least keeping them solvent or possibly even turning a few quid profit...

4 minutes ago, mikebv said:

To be fair to Buster with three teams to run I would imagine he is looking at all three from the overall generic business perspective..

With all three having very different agendas..

Both Peterborough and Ipswich will I am sure get a bit of 'top league bounce' and bring in a few fans who maybe have stopped going..

Two or three hundred of them at each track and the picture will look reasonable I would think...

Peterborough have often seemed to be a team that when doing well can attract decent crowds but when doing poorly seem to lose a high proportion of their fan base. Hence putting together a 'good team' makes sense....

Ipswich will hopefully get that 'bounce' and it is a track that has always seemed to hold onto a 'decent following' regardless of which division they are in or who rides for them, hence it makes sense not to go overboard with recruitment..

And as for Kings Lynn, they too seem to have a reasonable 'die hard' following regardless of where they finish in the league therefore, again, it doesn't make financial sense to spend big money on riders. Especially given he will have (at least) four local derbies to help bring fans in. (And 12 local derbies as a minimum in total)..

And dont the stox help fund the Speedway? Therefore Buster doesn't need to fork out unnecessary money to make the stadium pay...

Lets be honest, there is no kudos in winning any of the domestic speedway titles given the ridiculous rules and the way the sport is ran, so it makes complete sense to run all three clubs with the sole aim of at least keeping them solvent or possibly even turning a few quid profit...

I think Lynn have suffered in the best interests of the sport this year, as the saying goes.

Lets be honest, Lynn's team don't look very strong. You can't tell me that If Buster was running one team, that Lynn would look so weak, that's imho of course :blink:.

You mention the Lynn's " die hard" fans, and your right, but how long will they stick around for. I'm not sure if Buster hasn't got something up his sleeve for later in the season.

The Panthers team looks better and more expensive than Busters "beloved" Stars. 

I know all he probably thinks about is the 3 together as you say, the figures need to add up at the end of the season. But at a cost to the Lynn team / fans I fear. Hope i'm wrong.

I think Ippo's crowd will be up this season. Peterborough will have the best crowds out of the 3 teams, with Lynn maybe staying the same or dropping a bit.

4 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Apart from at number one presumably. 

Ive predicted 4th/5th and I’m pretty confident on that. Certainly don’t see us topping the table again, but nobody thought that last year.....

And they wouldn't of topped the table had Kerr and Andersen remained in the team.

With them back in the side and no Iversen this team is horrendous. 

In terms of departments that is the No1 (Lambert), No3 (Riss) and No5 (Proctor). We look horrid, especially in the all important 2nd half of meetings.

No2 (Kerr) and No4 (Jorgensen) is terrible.

No6 (Toft) and No7 (Andersen) is very weak, probably asking Toft to 6-7 heats a meeting.

It is not a well organised team. In all 3 departments of the team it looks like we're looking to have 3 rider's deliver week in week out in Lambert, Jorgensen and MPT.