British Speedway Forum

Kings Lynn 2019

17 minutes ago, Reliant Robin said:

The restaurant is there, same as it has been for years. We're just unsure whether it will have had it's long overdue refurb.

But familiar dishes will still be on the menu and we'll still be able to eat and drink until our heart is content

that's good news then, can't afford another loss of restaurant

3 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

It is very strange Bagpuss, it is like opening a new restaurant but not telling anyone the menu.!!! I thought maybe they could of been frightened of announcing that PukĀ Ā was not doing this season.A real shame as that top two is a very potent one and i feel Puk would of been on it this year..

You will never please everyone.Personally it hasn't bothered me as the season doesn't start for a further 5 weeks for us.By then we will know what's on the menu well before opening night:rolleyes::P

1 minute ago, tellboy said:

You will never please everyone.Personally it hasn't bothered me as the season doesn't start for a further 5 weeks for us.By then we will know what's on the menu well before opening night:rolleyes::P

reading around, i dont think many others have been impressed by the way the team has been announced this year. Hopefully they take it on board and try something else next year.Ā 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, therefused said:

reading around, i dont think many others have been impressed by the way the team has been announced this year. Hopefully they take it on board and try something else next year.Ā 

Going on previous regard for fans views, I wouldn't hold your breath!

8 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

To be honest that even makes it more laughable.

Have to agree with you there Sidney, Ā  Ā  I have tried to see the logic of this stagnated announcements but fail miserably in understanding their reason.Ā  To the promoters this may seem like a big laugh but the only people they are penalising is their own supporters. Ā 

Although there has been no official word,Ā  you didn't need to be Einstein to guess the outcome. Ā  Ā  Ā  Like most have said,Ā  the team has been as expected, so there has beenĀ  no surprises. .Ā  . Ā  . Ā Ā  . Ā Ā  . Ā Ā  . Ā Ā  . Ā Ā  so far. Ā  Ā  Ā  In trying to understand the reasons why they would leave Riss till last,Ā  prompts the question of, Ā Ā  is he ????

Remembering a comment Dale made in the SS a week or so back about some excitement coming at the endĀ  makes me think there could be a change in store. Ā  Could be a white elephant, but either way,Ā  I'm not holding my breath. Ā  Ā 

Looking at the 6 riders named so far, Ā  I struggle to seeĀ  how people think it will be strong enough to be competitive. Ā  Ā  With the help of the track preparation, we may win a few at home, but on our travels weĀ  will be up against it.... Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Take Robert away, and all we have is a second division side. Ā Ā 

Ā Ā 

On paper it is a very poor team for me. But as we all k ow. Things ain't won on paper and this team very nearly won it all last year. So dont right them off just yet.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, g13webb said:

Have to agree with you there Sidney, Ā  Ā  I have tried to see the logic of this stagnated announcements but fail miserably in understanding their reason.Ā  To the promoters this may seem like a big laugh but the only people they are penalising is their own supporters. Ā 

Although there has been no official word,Ā  you didn't need to be Einstein to guess the outcome. Ā  Ā  Ā  Like most have said,Ā  the team has been as expected, so there has beenĀ  no surprises. .Ā  . Ā  . Ā Ā  . Ā Ā  . Ā Ā  . Ā Ā  . Ā Ā  so far. Ā  Ā  Ā  In trying to understand the reasons why they would leave Riss till last,Ā  prompts the question of, Ā Ā  is he ????

Remembering a comment Dale made in the SS a week or so back about some excitement coming at the endĀ  makes me think there could be a change in store. Ā  Could be a white elephant, but either way,Ā  I'm not holding my breath. Ā  Ā 

Looking at the 6 riders named so far, Ā  I struggle to seeĀ  how people think it will be strong enough to be competitive. Ā  Ā  With the help of the track preparation, we may win a few at home, but on our travels weĀ  will be up against it.... Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Take Robert away, and all we have is a second division side. Ā Ā 

Ā Ā 

I will say Webby Ā peopleĀ have piped up a lot to be honest i feel Lynn with Lambert/Puk would of had a great spearhead anyway good luck enjoy your racing.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

I will say Webby Ā peopleĀ have piped up a lot to be honest i feel Lynn with Lambert/Puk would of had a great spearhead anyway good luck enjoy your racing.

Would have been a decent spearhead,although i don't NKI would have been happy with a grippy track again.If we did have IversenĀ instead of Riss though then you would have to lose elsewhere in the team,say a 4 pointer for Toft or Kerr at reserve.Then you would get people moaning about how weak we are at reserve.Maybe after we get some new averages we maybe able to bring in NKI for Andersen anyway:)

Ā 

1 hour ago, g13webb said:

Ā Ā 

I'm assuming it's a white elephant.6.16 left to play with by my reckoning,with Riss being 6.08 it's near enough a perfect fit.

12 hours ago, tellboy said:

Would have been a decent spearhead,although i don't NKI would have been happy with a grippy track again.If we did have IversenĀ instead of Riss though then you would have to lose elsewhere in the team,say a 4 pointer for Toft or Kerr at reserve.Then you would get people moaning about how weak we are at reserve.Maybe after we get some new averages we maybe able to bring in NKI for Andersen anyway:)

Ā 

I'm assuming it's a white elephant.6.16 left to play with by my reckoning,with Riss being 6.08 it's near enough a perfect fit.

I think King's Lynn without Puk are still Ā weak at reserve Proctor for me is the one that hinders the team building of this team.I might beĀ proved wrong butĀ i will be very surprised if Proctor reaches the same average again.

1 hour ago, John Scrutton said:

The question is who will be the two reserves Ā this It is hard to calculate with all this reduction for some riders in 2019.

The way I understand it is that the reduction applies to the team building total but not the riding positions