British Speedway Forum

Kings Lynn 2019

6 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Dale Allitt stating in the SS this week that they have been 'teasing an exciting end to their team-building plans!!' ?

:rofl:

6 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

In a separate story 'Ford salutes chairman Chapman'!   Poole's Matt Ford applauds Buster's investment in 3 Premiership clubs, insisting 'he knows how to make businesses work'!

"I take my hat off to Buster. Buster has invested in a business he believes will work. He's a sharp cookie. He knows how to make businesses work and he has done that at Kings Lynn".

...."Perhaps he senses we are on the verge of something better. He's no fool and I'm happy that he's playing the part he is."

:rofl:

That reads a bit like tongue in cheek and a parting shot to me. Coming from an out going promoter who has regularly spoken out about the decreasing strength of the British top flight.

It may be sincere but the two have had regular parting shots at each other the last 3-4 seasons. 

18 hours ago, Haza said:

Definitely not  the way to announce the team to keep fans interested.

Madness when will the Lynn fans know there team ? maybe they will have the press day behind closed doors. This situation sums up British speedway at the moment, in the three years  in which  Chapman was  appointed how many statements has he made about his vision for the sport.?

Edited by Sidney the robin

55 minutes ago, pubichair said:

Lewis Kerr according to the edp website 

Wow !!    what a surprise...…..     

I'm of the impression that this idea of keeping the team a secret,    is losing far more interest from the fans than it is generating ..

• Like 6

OMG they certainly know how to get the fans adrenalin flowing, had a sleepless night with the anticipation and was not disappointed.  Haven't been so excited since I got a pair of socks that didn't fit for Christmas

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Saving Iversen for last?  Don't know if I read too much into it but in the Tru Plant article for Ipswich, they mentioned they listed their help for 2019 as Jason Doyle and one other rider but didn't name them - someone for Lynn?

Edited by SPEEDY69

2 hours ago, g13webb said:

Wow !!    what a surprise...…..     

I'm of the impression that this idea of keeping the team a secret,    is losing far more interest from the fans than it is generating ..

Totally agree! Why they want to do it this way is ridiculous but we have got 3 clowns running the club now so what do we expect lol 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Richard Weston said:

When it comes to communicating with supporters, someone should point Mr Chapman to the Eastbourne website.

Maybe he will read the letter in the Speedway Star yesterday and will take note and act accordingly.

It has never been easier to communicate with fans.

With all the delays going on at King's Lynn regarding the team, I am genuinely now unsure who is riding for the Stars in 2019. Just how many riders have they named?

Nearly all of them lol 

10 minutes ago, Richard Weston said:

When it comes to communicating with supporters, someone should point Mr Chapman to the Eastbourne website.

Maybe he will read the letter in the Speedway Star yesterday and will take note and act accordingly.

It has never been easier to communicate with fans.

With all the delays going on at King's Lynn regarding the team, I am genuinely now unsure who is riding for the Stars in 2019. Just how many riders have they named?

So far the team is as follows

R. Lambert

T. Proctor

K. Anderson

M. Palm Toft

L. Kerr

That leaves 2 places remaining which will be T. Jorgensen and E. Riss

I don’t know what all the fuss is about.  Lynn fans KNOW Buster will only do things one way.... His Way.  Like it or lump.  

I don’t really care who is he the 7 and who ain’t. 

My MO won’t change.  Decent meeting, no sign of rain.  I’m there. Otherwise I won’t. 

4 hours ago, Star Lady said:

Just in case anyone missed this in the small print of the press release 

Car Parking:
Field - Free Parking
Main car parks - £1.00

He's got to get his money back feom Peterborough and Ipswich somewhere. May as well dump it on his long serving loyal supporters.

Things are really done in an abysmal manor when it comes to Keith Chapman. 

He's determined to drive people away from the sport :unsure:

• Thanks 1

Charging for the parking has pissed me off a bit.

I’m not one of the guys who moans often and I don’t value the oppinions of those who don’t go but moan daily as equal to those that attend regularly. So don’t get this post mixed up with those guys.

This is an attendance increase. The car park isn’t owned by a 3rd party so it’s a bit of a con really. I suggest nobody parks in the car parks until the charge is lifted. It’s only full when we have the big meetings. Charging a hidden charge like this will alienate current fans. If your going to make an increase then do it as the admittance. 

Its a bit of a slap in the face for the regular attendees. I’ve not read it myself yet though so if it’s a misunderstanding then all is ok. If it is real though then it’s pretty delusional. I can take the slow anouncemnts even though itsucks the fun out of it. I can take the poor entertainments meetings as it’s sport not entertainment. I can even take the ridiculous tractor grading to keep the track in great condition. but charging for the car park is a spit in the face really as it makes the poor value for money product that speedway is as even less value for money. 

Terible choice. It’s another straw on my camel back.

deflating

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

He (Buster) probably got the idea from Peterborough where its been a £1 charge for years to park your car which I don’t mind when it’s on the proper Car Park complete with tarmac, gravel spaces and lights but feel it’s a liberty charging when we are parked in the grass fields which often happened last season.   Havnt been to Saddlebow Road for years so has the muddy pot-holed car park been levelled and tarmaced?   If so £1 would seem fair to me but not otherwise - the state of my car the last time I went some years ago is the reason I havnt been back since. 

Not entirely surprised that car parking price has been introduced eventually, expected it years ago to be honest. Doesn’t make it any more palatable though. 

The car parks are better than they have been but I believe the one behind the back straight will never be done with tarmac or concrete as it belongs to the council and not the stadium. When it’s muddy and full of puddles after bad weather its not really good enough for a sports venue which asks for eighteen quid to get in. 

• Like 2