British Speedway Forum

Kings Lynn 2019

I think poor Robert has come back way to soon. In the GP it was like watching a different person. 

He's was looking so tentative last night. Clearly the back injury has been such a shock as to how close his life would have come to changing. 

Throttling off when others were close, in a few heats he was as quick if not quicker but just wasn't interested in making a move.

Fingers crossed that this isn't the moment when we see such a local hero's potential to be one of the world's best takes a back seat and he ends up just going through the motions here on in like so many before him. 

52 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

I think poor Robert has come back way to soon. In the GP it was like watching a different person. 

He's was looking so tentative last night. Clearly the back injury has been such a shock as to how close his life would have come to changing. 

Throttling off when others were close, in a few heats he was as quick if not quicker but just wasn't interested in making a move.

Fingers crossed that this isn't the moment when we see such a local hero's potential to be one of the world's best takes a back seat and he ends up just going through the motions here on in like so many before him. 

Don't think he was that bad personally probably still getting over his injury. 

Edited by foreverblue

You would imagine he’s a little tentative due to still suffering some pain and bring a little low on confidence, certainly backed out of one or two situations. Pretty sure he’ll come back as strong as ever next season, needs a restful winter to fully recover. 

22 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

You would imagine he’s a little tentative due to still suffering some pain and bring a little low on confidence, certainly backed out of one or two situations. Pretty sure he’ll come back as strong as ever next season, needs a restful winter to fully recover. 

As you say he needs to just get the season over and done with, the injury 100% better and go again next year. It's his spine, he doesn't want to risk another fall, gp racing is all about risk taking, racing on the edge, he can't do that this year.

31 minutes ago, Trees said:

gp racing is all about risk taking, racing on the edge, he can't do that this year.

Not quite true, every fan of clubs, countries and individual events expect riders to give their all at all times. Speedway racing is all about putting everything on the line, even their own lives. Same as any motor sport. 

If you're not prepared to die to win you may as well quit the sport as you'd be racing as a fraud, ripping off the paying the public, not doing yourself justice to try and make a decent living.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Not quite true, every fan of clubs, countries and individual events expect riders to give their all at all times. Speedway racing is all about putting everything on the line, even their own lives. Same as any motor sport. 

If you're not prepared to die to win you may as well quit the sport as you'd be racing as a fraud, ripping off the paying the public, not doing yourself justice to try and make a decent living.

Ridiculous statement. You got to be in a race to win it. You can’t do that if you dead, and at that point you just a memory to the fans, and memories fade.

The “trick” is to win as many races as possible by putting in as much effort as possible but staying on the bike.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daniel Smith said:

Every time they go out on track they are in danger ......

3 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Riders take a risk every time they take to the track. And the riders know that..... But there is not one rider that goes out in a race prepared to die to make that pass! If they all rode like you suggest they should, there wouldn't be many riders left walking.

5 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Daft comment, These are sportsmen, not Kamikaze pilots.......

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

“If you’re not prepared to die to win ...”?

Are you mad?

This is sport, not war.

• Like 3

Lambert, Toft, riss, cook as starters

Would be a shame not to have Jorgensen in the team. I'm also a fan of thj but I think that ship has sailed now.

I'm guessing we will be drip fed starting in 3/4 months time though! The enthusiasm killer of pre season at lynn. I miss the team being announced in 1 evening at a fans meeting.

3 hours ago, Danny Connor said:

Lambert, Toft, riss, cook as starters

Would be a shame not to have Jorgensen in the team. I'm also a fan of thj but I think that ship has sailed now.

I'm guessing we will be drip fed starting in 3/4 months time though! The enthusiasm killer of pre season at lynn. I miss the team being announced in 1 evening at a fans meeting.

Peter Schroeck has already said plans are under way for 2020. He also said that it's no good having riders scoring big at home a not enough away from home.

This season Lynn's team has a good few like that. Our engine room have been rubbish away all season.

There is only 1 point between Lynn's top riders average at home and Lewis  at number 6. But it's away where they fall short.

As much as I like TJ the difference between his home and away ave this season is 4 points. H  7.71    A 3.78 :blink: That is huge. I know second strings are a bit inconsistent at times, but Lynn have to many who love the AFA, but have been poor away.

Example.

TJ …. H  7.71   A 3.78

Erik …  H 8.00   A 5.30  

MPT ...H 7.44   A 5.28

Lewis …. H 7.09  A 4.20

Edited by Bald Bloke