British Speedway Forum

Kings Lynn 2019

22 minutes ago, tellboy said:

I take it with him still on a 4pt average in the Championship he would come in on a 3pt average in the PL.That's indeed if Lynn are looking at him.But i did see him practicing,needs to keep his front wheel down though it will be grippier at ht 2 rather than after the meeting.

He cant ride in the Premiership until he has a real average of at least 4.5 in the Championship

It would then also depend on his visa status as to whether he could double up

10 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

He cant ride in the Premiership until he has a real average of at least 4.5 in the Championship

It would then also depend on his visa status as to whether he could double up

If that's the case he can't ride for us then.According to the Sheffield website he has a rolling average from 20 matches of 4.34 so assume that will start on the 1st of July.Or a 4.94 from 12 matches for 2019,which average will they use if he was to make the step up:unsure:.Still much prefer Douglas anyway.

Edit: Having just read my programme from last night,it appears there will be a couple of changes on the way.

Edited by tellboy

If Broc Nicol is the new rider wit Riss coming back. Either it's got to be for kerr and s.lambert or we are 1.34 under the limit if averages are right on kl website, or there is more than 2 changes.

1. Robert Lambert 8.07

2.MPT 5.77

3. Kasper Wornya 6.30

4. Erik Riss 5.83

5. Craig Cook 7.78

6. Thomas Jorgensen 5.59

7. Broc Nicol 3.00

37 minutes ago, 1984Star said:

If Broc Nicol is the new rider wit Riss coming back. Either it's got to be for kerr and s.lambert or we are 1.34 under the limit if averages are right on kl website, or there is more than 2 changes.

1. Robert Lambert 8.07

2.MPT 5.77

3. Kasper Wornya 6.30

4. Erik Riss 5.83

5. Craig Cook 7.78

6. Thomas Jorgensen 5.59

7. Broc Nicol 3.00

Not sure if Nicol is eligible, as Taps questioned. I would be very surprised if Woryna arrived as well. Likely to be expensive I would of thought.

4 minutes ago, 1984Star said:

Just been told Broc will be a 4 big gamble if you ask me so Broc for s.lambert and Riss for Proctor is my guess.

I'm not sure that Broc coming in at this stage of the season ,will do better than Simon overall. Simon has a 4.67 average at the AFA, but 0.00 from is 2 away meetings. So 3.11.

Broc surely would be better away though :blink:  So they might be thinking of a few extra away points will help the cause :t:

• Like 2

If Nicol came in for Lambert this would give Nicol from the USA more income as he has a CL team place,  whilst at the sametime Lambert from the UK no income at all as he has no CL team either, if it happened would be a bit harsh on Lambert especially after his loyalty to Lynn and the fact Nicol isnt much of an improvement on Lambert

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

If Nicol came in for Lambert this would give Nicol from the USA more income as he has a CL team place,  whilst at the sametime Lambert from the UK no income at all as he has no CL team either, if it happened would be a bit harsh on Lambert especially after his loyalty to Lynn and the fact Nicol isnt much of an improvement on Lambert

Totally agree

3 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

I get the UK over USA thing, nobody wants to see an English rider lose his place

But Broc Nicol is quite a big improvement on Simon Lambert

Edited by Gavan
  • Like 2

How many Clubs has Lambert had to prove he can cut it ?  Number one rider at National League the same as he was maybe 10 years ago. Could do a Reserve job for a few CL clubs ( at home) but that’s about it.

Being British has given Lambert all these chances.  I am sure an overseas rider wouldn’t have been given so many chances

2 hours ago, Gavan said:

I get the UK over USA thing, nobody wants to see an English rider lose his place

But Broc Nicol is quite a big improvement on Simon Lambert

There Cl averages are fairly similar Nicol has had spells in the 1-5 & at reserve same as Lambert, even Sheffield fans are questioning his scoring and average.

The difference is Nicol is a young lad with improvement in him while Simon is thirty ish and reached his level long ago. He always does a decent job for Lynn as a stopgap but we need to try somebody else who may well be better given the chance. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

Is BWD still out?Lambert could be the ideal replacement:rolleyes::P