British Speedway Forum

Kings Lynn 2019

3 hours ago, foreverblue said:

If h lives here permanently surely it makes sense to ride here.

Until he moved to Monaco a year or so ago Nicki Pedersen lived in the uk for years without riding over here - Stevenage I think. Cited the ease of flying to various locations in europe for continental leagues and GPs as the reason for this

2 minutes ago, 89buttons said:

Until he moved to Monaco a year or so ago Nicki Pedersen lived in the uk for years without riding over here - Stevenage I think. Cited the ease of flying to various locations in europe for continental leagues and GPs as the reason for this

hasn't lived in the UK for a few years now, he's back in Denmark in a house he had built

14 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Was it only Proctor added to the confirmed starters list last night?

Yep, the club needs to keep the media exposure and fans on the edge of their seats about top draw signings Kerr, MPT, Riss, Jorgensen :blink::rolleyes::lol:

What a team to get the ladies juices flowing and the men to get a rock on over :nono:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think people are missing the point, if there is a benefit to this drip feeding news approach (and I’m not necessarily saying there is, but I’m keeping an open mind) then it’s not for the benefit of posters on here who think about speedway every day, but more those who stop thinking about it in October and start again in March and those who go occasionally or haven’t been yet. 

Also struggling to see why this team is so uninspiring and awful....all seven riders appeared in a team which comfortably finished top last year and although we’ve lost a heat leader it looks a competitive team in what is again a weaker league. 

Perhaps people wanted things freshening up with a few new faces and I can understand that.

Edited by Bagpuss
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

I think people are missing the point, if there is a benefit to this drip feeding news approach (and I’m not necessarily saying there is, but I’m keeping an open mind) then it’s not for the benefit of posters on here who think about speedway every day, but more those who stop thinking about it in October and start again in March and those who go occasionally or haven’t been yet. 

Also struggling to see why this team is so uninspiring and awful....all seven riders appeared in a team which comfortably finished top last year and although we’ve lost a heat leader it looks a competitive team in what is again a weaker league. 

Perhaps people wanted things freshening up with a few new faces and I can understand that.

Has there been regular EDP back pages / Radio Norfolk slots etc to keep this media hype going thru the winter?

Do you get these even when signings are announced?

Ipswich traditionally name all 7 and early (this year has had different issues) We then see at least weekly bits in The Ipswich Star and regular slots in sports news bulletins on Radio Suffolk even thru winter as well as dedicated sections on drivetime show

You dont need to have a signing to announce to have a media slot so long as you have the structure and relationship with the outlets

• Thanks 2