British Speedway Forum

Kings Lynn 2019

I know are season not over yet but why not jump on the band wagon and start planning as it seems everyone else has first two name for me has to be 

1.Erik Riss 

2.Palm Toft 

3.?

4.?

5.?

6.?

7.?

9 hours ago, Danny Connor said:

Look at the names though Teresa . It’s awesome to have a team with riders we love. There is no mentions of riders from elsewhere other than Ellis. I’d have all 7 plus Kerr and Kasper too. 

It's just WRONG in the position we are in, wait til the end of the season! 

13 hours ago, Col said:

Anyone would touch Iversen? He has GP's, he'll turn up even less often.

Depends on race nights and how much common sense is applied when compiling the fixture list (usually little). He will be on an attractive average.

9 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Depends on race nights and how much common sense is applied when compiling the fixture list (usually little). He will be on an attractive average.

Agree on the average. But if Danish league runs on the same night as Kings Lynn why base your team on Danes?

9 hours ago, Col said:

Agree on the average. But if Danish league runs on the same night as Kings Lynn why base your team on Danes?

Exactly. This years team was obviously built with the expectancy of Thursday night racing which then changed late in the day. Riders will need to be signed based on their availability for 2019.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Exactly. This years team was obviously built with the expectancy of Thursday night racing which then changed late in the day. Riders will need to be signed based on their availability for 2019.

Hopefully the Championship clubs will get together sooner rather than later and let us know which days and which riders we'll be using in the Premiership next season. :blink::P

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, The Weasel said:

Hopefully the Championship clubs will get together sooner rather than later and let us know which days and which riders we'll be using in the Premiership next season. :blink::P

Hopefully all clubs will get together for the good of British Speedway altogether.

On 10/11/2018 at 12:24 PM, tellboy said:

Hopefully all clubs will get together for the good of British Speedway altogether.

AND make decisions based on " the bigger picture" so that an upswing in the fortunes of UK speedway can begin. Wonderful though it is ( and it is for me ) Tai Woffinden as a Triple World Champion is not going to put bums on seats at tracks all over the country. We have to improve the product, enhance the excitement it offers AND let the world know where we are, in the biggest way the promoters can afford.

14 minutes ago, waytogo28 said:

AND make decisions based on " the bigger picture" so that an upswing in the fortunes of UK speedway can begin. Wonderful though it is ( and it is for me ) Tai Woffinden as a Triple World Champion is not going to put bums on seats at tracks all over the country. We have to improve the product, enhance the excitement it offers AND let the world know where we are, in the biggest way the promoters can afford.

That might entail Buster asking Andy Meredith for advice on how to prepare a track to provide entertaining racing. I can't see it happening though. :D

• Like 2

1 hour ago, waytogo28 said:

I'm beginning to wonder if the light has started to dawn on the speedway authorities at long last, 'cos I've just come across this on a lesser visited forum on this site: THE PATHFINDER REPORT AND RECOMMENDATIONS 2018". The report has the feel about it that suggests it may have been commissioned by someone with authority within speedway. It identifies all the major challenges facing the sport in the UK, contains a detailed analysis of speedway's current assets, and makes recommendations as to the way forward in 2019 (which all look eminently do-able.) 

It makes some astute observations about where UK speedway is letting itself down as a marketable product and gives some really practical signposts as to how it might improve its marketing potential. 

Overall it contains some radical and controversial suggestions but my view is that it reads like a breath of fresh air. If someone in the higher echelons has really started to think along these lines then our sport may yet even manage to drag itself into the 21st century. 

One thing's for certain: if the powers-that-be stick to the 2018 formula in 2019 (as some have suggested), we are all down the pan.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Lambert,Iversen,Riss,MPT i would have back,all depends on averages of course.

Even though Iversen has had a poor season you can't let him leave on such a low average.

S.Lambert too hasn't let the side down or himself but unsure whether he could sustain that level for a season.

Regarding Jorgensen and Proctor,they have both had a good season but as per normal you are going to have to get get rid of 2-3 riders.That's the reason i have gone for the 4 i have,they represent the best value for the club imo.

5 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Lambert,Iversen,Riss,MPT i would have back,all depends on averages of course.

Even though Iversen has had a poor season you can't let him leave on such a low average.

S.Lambert too hasn't let the side down or himself but unsure whether he could sustain that level for a season.

Regarding Jorgensen and Proctor,they have both had a good season but as per normal you are going to have to get get rid of 2-3 riders.That's the reason i have gone for the 4 i have,they represent the best value for the club imo.

Agree, but you might have to lose MPT too as Kerr is a cert for 2019.