British Speedway Forum

Tai Woffinden Best Ever!?

4 hours ago, BWitcher said:

Moxey, still not grasping that BSI stream the GP live, for free, on their website in the USA. No illegal stream needed.

That is what is frustrating me!  And he thinks that buying dvd's months AFTER the event is a substitute for watching live sport?

Finally, what really set me off was questioning me being a "real" fan, because I "ditched" speedway. Since emigrating, I have still attended speedway (and paid for it) in Britain as well as the US. I have spent money on numerous dvd's, books, memorabilia, so yes, I have still been "chipping in". 

Steve

3 hours ago, chunky said:

That is what is frustrating me!  And he thinks that buying dvd's months AFTER the event is a substitute for watching live sport?

Finally, what really set me off was questioning me being a "real" fan, because I "ditched" speedway. Since emigrating, I have still attended speedway (and paid for it) in Britain as well as the US. I have spent money on numerous dvd's, books, memorabilia, so yes, I have still been "chipping in". 

Steve

I don't want this to carry on, as it could do. It's childish. Your post above echoes my life. Just because I don't care much for current speedway doesn't mean I still don't buy stuff from its history or don't have a hobby in collecting stats etc from its history. You throw things in my direction but you get all defensive when I assume things about you. We are all fans in one sort of way, but we are behaving like brave trolls that say anything because it's behind a keyboard. Let's draw a line.

Edited by moxey63
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, moxey63 said:

. Your post above echoes my life. Just because I don't care much for current speedway doesn't mean I still don't buy stuff from its history or don't have a hobby in collecting stats etc from its history. 

Or having speedway on in the background .

22 minutes ago, moxey63 said:

I don't want this to carry on, as it could do. It's childish. Your post above echoes my life. Just because I don't care much for current speedway doesn't mean I still don't buy stuff from its history or don't have a hobby in collecting stats etc from its history. You throw things in my direction but you get all defensive when I assume things about you. We are all fans in one sort of way, but we are behaving like brave trolls that say anything because it's behind a keyboard. Let's draw a line.

Good idea to draw a line. Chunky appears a decent poster that you probably pushed a tad too far with your assumptions.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, moxey63 said:

it's not only childish, but for your part your version is untrue. You never got sick of speedway and stopped going. You, by your own words on here sometime ago, stated that once you stopped doing your notes you were asked to pay to get in like everyone else. You took umbridge with BV, because you are not a freebie any more, and therefore have stayed away rather than pay to get in. Your story has been repeated on many threads you go on, and each time conveniently try to concoct a different angle why you don't go to speedway. But your real reason, you revealed yourself a couple of years and you ave been in denial ever since. Put into a boxing context, you regularly get knocked out and lose, but always try to restart the fight as if nothing had been stated before. 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, moxey63 said:

That's what I said. You're beginning to sound like one of those Beavis and Butthead characters, the dim one.

Both Bevis and Butthead are both  dim ...yet  again making a comment about a subject you have no idea about . I Expect you never knew that because you only had it on in the background 

Edited by orion
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hodgy said:

Good idea to draw a line. Chunky appears a decent poster that you probably pushed a tad too far with your assumptions.

I appreciate the kinds words. I didn't - as suggested by moxey63 - swear because I was losing an argument. I swore (and I was classy enough to use an asterisk) because he decided to judge me as a person, and make ridiculous accusations and assumptions - seemingly based on the fact that I emigrated. Over the years, I have had to deal with many accusations and assumptions (both in the US and UK) regarding the matter, and sometimes, it just gets a little too much.

Oh, and I'm not just a troll who attempts to hide behind a username. Having said that, I do know who moxey63 is...

Steve

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Tsunami said:

it's not only childish, but for your part your version is untrue. You never got sick of speedway and stopped going. You, by your own words on here sometime ago, stated that once you stopped doing your notes you were asked to pay to get in like everyone else. You took umbridge with BV, because you are not a freebie any more, and therefore have stayed away rather than pay to get in. Your story has been repeated on many threads you go on, and each time conveniently try to concoct a different angle why you don't go to speedway. But your real reason, you revealed yourself a couple of years and you ave been in denial ever since. Put into a boxing context, you regularly get knocked out and lose, but always try to restart the fight as if nothing had been stated before. 

Here he is again, an adult in a full football kit. Grow up, man.

I would love it... love it... if you could find these posts in which I've said all that.

A lie is halfway around the forum before the truth has its pants on. 

Edited by moxey63

10 hours ago, chunky said:

I appreciate the kinds words. I didn't - as suggested by moxey63 - swear because I was losing an argument. I swore (and I was classy enough to use an asterisk) because he decided to judge me as a person, and make ridiculous accusations and assumptions - seemingly based on the fact that I emigrated. Over the years, I have had to deal with many accusations and assumptions (both in the US and UK) regarding the matter, and sometimes, it just gets a little too much.

Oh, and I'm not just a troll who attempts to hide behind a username. Having said that, I do know who moxey63 is...

Steve

I am Alan Robertson, Chunky. I am not hiding behind anything. Many people know who I am on here, Chunky. 

Edited by moxey63

12 hours ago, orion said:

Both Bevis and Butthead are dim ...yet  again making a comment about a subject you have no idea about . I Expect you never knew that because you only had it on in the background 

I know that... idiot. Perhaps you're the third one, that was placed into care.

2 minutes ago, moxey63 said:

But I still insist Woffinden is not the best British rider of all time.

In your opinion who is, and why?

Merely going on titles to judge who's best is pathetic. Are you telling me Jerzy Szczakiel was actually Poland's best before Mr Gollob robbed us of that opinion? Sometimes it's better to look at a wider angle, like domestic form also. The name that keeps popping up in my mind, for example, is Leigh Adams. He barely failed in domestic speedway and yet took yonks to win his first GP meeting, at a time there were many more quality riders than there are today.  Do you recall why we all said Woffinden chose to be British when he could have chosen Australia at the start of his career - it was because, and many said it, he'd have had no chance of getting in the Aussie squad. The competition was harder 10 years back. 

2 hours ago, moxey63 said:

But I still insist Woffinden is not the best British rider of all time.

As we have said, riders like Craven and Collins have some kind of claim, but you don't even think he is in the top 20 British riders, do you? That is what is laughable.

Steve

2 hours ago, moxey63 said:

Scott Nicholls - most British titles.:t:  I mean, we are going on titles, aren't we?

Of course, British Champion is a much greater achievement than World Champion...

Steve

Edited by chunky

14 minutes ago, chunky said:

As we have said, riders like Craven and Collins have some kind of claim, but you don't even think he is in the top 20 British riders, do you? That is what is laughable.

Steve

When did I say that, about him not being in the top 20 British riders? You find it laughable, but I didn't say it. That's what I mean, words put into mouths and people think it's the truth. Course he'd be in the top 20... even the top 10.

On 10/19/2018 at 4:44 PM, Aces51 said:

There have always been stories of points being bought. There are dishonest people in every wallk of life, fortunately a small minority and it would be naive to think that speedway is any different or that the situation today is any different than it was in years gone by.

I hope I'm not being naive but I really don't want to believe that is true, I think what is nearer the truth is that some riders in their inability to accept defeat claim they have been beaten in fixed races