British Speedway Forum

Poole v King’s Lynn Premiership Grand Final 1st leg 08/10/18

4 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Your info is out of date. 

Thought I saw some passing last night. Heat 12 Jakobsen. B)

I asked Jakobsen in the press conference if he touched Toft. He said Toft left a huge gap and he took it. This is a final and you go for it. 

Not a straight answer there Steve.. Skipped the question, something you do ;)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, krompa said:

Who is guesting for Brady? Nick Morris 6.91 too high (Brady's avg is 6.75).

If MPT is injured, not many options left for KL.

Wright, Howarth, Wells?

And of course Iversen's health is crucial. Ellis will not score double figures.

Morris. He is to high, but was allowed to ride for Poole at Lynn "in the interest of the sport"

15 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

What an appalling guest I guess he's cheap. If Poole don't win this now I would have to agree with Semion it would be the choke of the century.

We could have Bellego as his average is near enough..... Lynn can have 5.93 with the 5%.. Bellego is only 6.07... That's less of a gap than Kurtz/ Morris at Lynn...…… Which is 6.75 v 6.91 !!!

I'm sure Ford will return the favour and agree to it in the interest of the sport  :rofl: :rofl:

Edited by Bald Bloke

17 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

What an appalling guest I guess he's cheap. If Poole don't win this now I would have to agree with Semion it would be the choke of the century.

These kinds of posts are worthless without an alternative suggestion as to who should have been booked instead. And this is a Play Off final, with a league title at stake. I can’t imagine cost comes into it. 

• Like 2

Terrible meeting,  says it all when Richie Worrall gets paid 11 from 4 rides,  but when he came to Scunthorpe looked a complete novice,  mind you Scunthorpe is a proper RACE track and not gate and go. 

2 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

These kinds of posts are worthless without an alternative suggestion as to who should have been booked instead. And this is a Play Off final, with a league title at stake. I can’t imagine cost comes into it. 

Agreed, my post is more the disappointment MPT is out as it weakens Lynn massively.

• Thanks 1

King's Lynn were unlikely to be facing a 16 point deficit if the referee had made the correct decision in heat 12 and they then suffered further by Palm-Toft being unable to take his last ride.

They now have more problems with Palm-Toft suffering a broken hand. Howarth on his last visit to King's Lynn, in the double header, managed only 12 from 12 rides. However, he wasn't riding at reserve, which may help. The is no doubt that losing both Palm-Toft and Iversen is a terrible blow to King's Lynn's chances. I can't see either guest matching their likely scores. 

• Like 3