British Speedway Forum

Poole v King’s Lynn Premiership Grand Final 1st leg 08/10/18

1 hour ago, g13webb said:

We as a club have bent over backwards supporting Niels over the years, and am disappointed that he never considered how important the play-off was to this club this week.  I appreciate he wanted to compete in the Gollob Charity meeting, but at what expense.  He has let the whole of the club down with this injury.  and its not the first time we have suffered  this season, because his cavalier attitude.  The time is fast approaching when we have to ask,  is it worth a club spending big bucks for a top rider when they only put importance in themselves.    Very disappointed with the way it has all turned out....

I have read some bewilderment posts in my time, but this beets all, he's give up his time to attend a meeting to a rider that as graced us, that now has life changing injuries.

Fair play NKI, take a bow

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

In simple terms KL have replaced a rider who is notoriously bad at Poole with one who is notoriously good at Poole.

It's all relative though isn't it?

If NKI were to score 6/7 at Wimborne Road, it would be considered poor for a rider of his stature.

In contrast, should Adam get a similar tally this evening, it would be considered a good effort in the circumstances.

4 minutes ago, sommelier said:

I have read some bewilderment posts in my time, but this beets all, he's give up his time to attend a meeting to a rider that as graced us, that now has life changing injuries.

Fair play NKI, take a bow

Absolutely spot on - the same person will be moaning when top riders don’t ride in the Ben fund meeting.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, g13webb said:

We as a club have bent over backwards supporting Niels over the years, and am disappointed that he never considered how important the play-off was to this club this week.  I appreciate he wanted to compete in the Gollob Charity meeting, but at what expense.  He has let the whole of the club down with this injury.  and its not the first time we have suffered  this season, because his cavalier attitude.  The time is fast approaching when we have to ask,  is it worth a club spending big bucks for a top rider when they only put importance in themselves.    Very disappointed with the way it has all turned out....

Surely riding in a benefit for another rider with serious injuries is not thinking of self importance.Your post in poor taste IMO .

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, NickRushbrook said:

It's all relative though isn't it?

If NKI were to score 6/7 at Wimborne Road, it would be considered poor for a rider of his stature.

In contrast, should Adam get a similar tally this evening, it would be considered a good effort in the circumstances.

Yes that is true but in his last two meetings at Poole Iversen has scored 5 and 6 whereas Ellis has scored 9 and paid 9 so on form Ellis should outscore Iversen.

5 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

Rules have been amended. 

Ellis now guests for Lynn in both meetings and morris for Poole in both meetings 

Blimey. Common sense prevails. Who'd'a thought it?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bazlux said:

In the best interests of the sport Poole will use Nick Morris home and away. Makes good sense. 

For the first time real common sense applied. It was a completely ridiculous situation that did nothing but damage the sport.

Now we can look forward to the final with no issues.

However, if we win it I guess some will say its a tainted win as we are over the points limit in the second leg........

So Iversen out of both finals.

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Sad 1

Http://www.speedwaygb.co.uk

GRAND Final rivals Poole and King’s Lynn have named their teams for both legs of the Premiership title decider this week.

Adam Ellis will figure for King’s Lynn in both legs of the tie to replace the injured Niels-Kristian Iversen – and Poole have now booked Nick Morris to cover for Brady Kurtz, also in both meetings.

Kurtz crashed out of last Monday’s semi-final thriller with Somerset and sustained a broken collarbone, and Grand Prix star Iversen was hurt in the Tomasz Gollob Benefit meeting in Poland on Sunday.

The move to book both riders for both legs has been approved with the agreement of both the Poole and King’s Lynn managements, the Speedway Control Bureau and the BSPA Management Committee.

British Speedway vice-chairman Rob Godfrey said: “There was a serious risk of damaging the credibility of our sport because of the guest riders switching clubs after the first leg.

“We all agreed this cannot be allowed to happen at a time when the sport is enjoying such a high profile with a British World Champion crowned at the weekend.

“A slight amendment has been made to the regulations to allow for these line-ups, and I think everybody agrees it is in the best interests of the sport.

“We now wish both Poole and King’s Lynn all the very best for what should be a really entertaining Grand Final for the fans present at each venue and those watching the superb coverage on BT Sport.”