British Speedway Forum

Poole v King’s Lynn Premiership Grand Final 1st leg 08/10/18

4 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Well it’s confirmed. The final has become a complete embarrassing joke. 

https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/16966848.adam-ellis-to-guest-for-pirates-and-kings-lynn-in-play-off-final/

In the picture Adam doesnt look too happy about it either :lol:

• Haha 1

If Ellis rides for both sides the result becomes meaningless and the 'sport' is confirming itself as the joke that many outside it believe it to be

• Like 5

Just now, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

If Ellis rides for both sides the result becomes meaningless and the 'sport' is confirming itself as the joke that many outside it believe it to be

Oh its one of the most unprofessional sports if you can call it that to exist 

Just now, Steve Shovlar said:

Can you point to the rule?

It was a big point made in the post agm press release - perhaos it never made it into the book....

Just now, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

The rider should have said I am already booked, sorry. I know riders like bookings but on the occassion, for the good of the sport, he should tell Lynn they are too late.

2 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

The showpiece event, the pinnacle of the league season, live on tv in front of a huge audience, and we have a rider turning out for both teams.

How can this possibly be allowed to happen? It is beyond a joke. Surely such a scenario should never be allowed to happen for the good of the sport. The presenters are going to have fun explaining that one away.

If Iversen had got injured last week and they had booked Ellis, there’s no way on gods earth I would want a rider in my team who rode for the opposition in the other leg. The rules should have covered this.

I know riders need to earn a living and take bookings, but this is the final, not a cup meeting or even just a league meeting. It comes across of a footy match with mates over the wreck. One team loses a player when his mum shouts out teas ready so one lad swaps sides to even it up.

How can the sport be taken seriously when this happens? It’s ruined the final.

Quite agree i would rather both teams went with r/r, this would probably put us at a disadvantage but would look better for the sport on tv. 

• Like 1