British Speedway Forum

Poole v King’s Lynn Premiership Grand Final 1st leg 08/10/18

Not the final Lynn wanted as we are pretty awful at Wimborne Road. Depends on the guest for Kurtz but can see Poole heading to Norfolk with a healthy lead.

I see this as being very open, don’t think there is a favourite or an underdog really.

Edited by Bagpuss
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Bald Bloke said:

What did you make of the 2 meetings tonight ?

Cant really comment on the Poole/Somerset meeting as I have only watched the first few races on the screen at Lynn, other than the track looked dodgy early on.....The Stars did what they needed to do, without half the team really perfoming..We need Ty and Thomas on top of their game for the final.

5 minutes ago, K3Scotty said:

Cant really comment on the Poole/Somerset meeting as I have only watched the first few races on the screen at Lynn, other than the track looked dodgy early on.....The Stars did what they needed to do, without half the team really perfoming..We need Ty and Thomas on top of their game for the final.

Yeah. I posted before the meeting I was worried about Lynn's engine room. Erik is ok at home, but we need more from Ty and TJ everywhere and Erik away.

Not a great meeting, but Lynn got a win and no one injured.

Edited by Bald Bloke

2 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Yeah. I posted before the meeting I was worried about Lynn's engine room. Erik is ok at home, but we need more from Ty and TJ everywhere and Erik away.

Yeah, gotta agree with that....

6 hours ago, ZagarRacing said:

Won’t be Musielak guesting as he’s now on his holidays next week according to Twitter. 

Adam Ellis or dare I say it David Bellego.

Forgive me, I may have got this wrong,   but my impression of the rules says a team needs to have 2 riders out before they are allowed a guest facility ,  except when its your No 1 rider.   so in that case  Poole will have to use  R/R  for Kurtz.    Be interesting to see what develops.    I wouldn't put it past Poole to pull all the tricks in the book to gain an advantage.  

Posters are going on about  previous meetings between Poole and Lynn this year, but they have no relevance to the pay off final.  We go there with a clean sheet and are more than capable of putting on a decent showing  to keep the contest alive for the second leg.     All our riders, management and fans know what to expect and will all be up for it.     We are the strongest team in the league  with everyone capable of winning races    I believe we can restrict them to a small lead that will be more than  attainable in the second leg...

This is the final I wanted...…      Poole struggled last night to beat a one man team,          Come on Stars fans  we can do this       This is our time...... 

18 minutes ago, g13webb said:

Forgive me, I may have got this wrong,   but my impression of the rules says a team needs to have 2 riders out before they are allowed a guest facility ,  except when its your No 1 rider.   so in that case  Poole will have to use  R/R  for Kurtz.    Be interesting to see what develops.    I wouldn't put it past Poole to pull all the tricks in the book to gain an advantage.  

Posters are going on about  previous meetings between Poole and Lynn this year, but they have no relevance to the pay off final.  We go there with a clean sheet and are more than capable of putting on a decent showing  to keep the contest alive for the second leg.     All our riders, management and fans know what to expect and will all be up for it.     We are the strongest team in the league  with everyone capable of winning races    I believe we can restrict them to a small lead that will be more than  attainable in the second leg...

This is the final I wanted...…      Poole struggled last night to beat a one man team,          Come on Stars fans  we can do this       This is our time...... 

http://www.scbgb.co.uk/regulations

Art 18.8:

The facility for missing riders 1-3 by MA is a guest or rider replacement.

Edited by NeilWatson
Additional text
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, g13webb said:

no tricks we can have a guest for brady you can have a guest for any of your top three riders

Edited by ray c
  • Like 1