British Speedway Forum

berwick bandits 2019

14 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

There can still be a significant delay when there is a crash where riders need treatment.I sure you have witnessed some even with double medical cover.Here is hoping it runs smoothly.

It's just me I suppose ... excited by the fact that two of the best side in the league will be in town on the same night - in what could conceivably be two meetings which decide who will, and who won't , qualify for the playoffs. It could be one of the great nights of speedway.

But, people on here are right - I should instead be worried in case I'm crushed by a collapsing stack of mushy peas or poleaxed by a Prossecco cork worked loose by Northumberland's first-ever magnitude eight earthquake tomorrow morning, waking up as a Sunderland supporter and voting Conservative so I'll just concentrate on listing all the things that might go wrong rather concentrating on what is likely to go right.

The sun's shining now ... but it'll probably go dark soon, might even be hit by a Tsunami. Right, I'm off for a pint with my mate Eeyore - at least he sometimes looks on the bright side. 

4 minutes ago, George Dodds said:

It's just me I suppose ... excited by the fact that two of the best side in the league will be in town on the same night - in what could conceivably be two meetings which decide who will, and who won't , qualify for the playoffs. It could be one of the great nights of speedway.

But, people on here are right - I should instead be worried in case I'm crushed by a collapsing stack of mushy peas or poleaxed by a Prossecco cork worked loose by Northumberland's first-ever magnitude eight earthquake tomorrow morning, waking up as a Sunderland supporter and voting Conservative so I'll just concentrate on listing all the things that might go wrong rather concentrating on what is likely to go right.

The sun's shining now ... but it'll probably go dark soon, might even be hit by a Tsunami. Right, I'm off for a pint with my mate Eeyore - at least he sometimes looks on the bright side. 

It will be a fabulous night if not for the banter between Edinburgh and Glasgow fans We should have Edinburgh fans cheering Berwick in the Glasgow match and Glasgow cheering in the Edinburgh match not going to worry about curfews and delays what will be will be 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, George Dodds said:

Yip Tigers and Monarchs on the same night finish the season with a bang. Just imagine if it had been Eastbourne and Glasgow double header lol. SAS officers in the pits , Helicopter hovering over stadium, Tyson Fury in the pits with Cookie lol. Little Billy and his red flag surrounded by armed guards  lol.

• Haha 4

Pricing will be interesting as this is the rearranged Edinburgh £10.00 match and the re entry tickets are still valid.And I can’t believe I am in Turkey on that date, anyone wanting 2 re entry tickets :D

13 minutes ago, ekimba said:

Pricing will be interesting as this is the rearranged Edinburgh £10.00 match and the re entry tickets are still valid.And I can’t believe I am in Turkey on that date, anyone wanting 2 re entry tickets :D

... and of course those tickets entitle the holder to £10 (their value) off admission at any Berwick meeting for the rest of the season - including double headers!!

4 hours ago, George Dodds said:

• It is just you.:rolleyes::drink:

On 8/16/2019 at 10:32 PM, Fromafar said:
  • It is just you.:rolleyes::drink:

Yes think we all know that there will be one team there in the playoffs George does like adding a bit of nonsense to his posts and in the Dirt half the tlme I never know what he's on about. 

• Like 1

Might the organisers -- the Supporters Club, I understand -- set up a sales point inside the stadium on race nights, explaining about, advising on and selling numbers for the new 5-1 scheme?    More likely to catch interest before and during matches from regular, but non-involved, spectators than requiring they visit the Black and Gold after racing.......

51 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

Might the organisers -- the Supporters Club, I understand -- set up a sales point inside the stadium on race nights, explaining about, advising on and selling numbers for the new 5-1 scheme?    More likely to catch interest before and during matches from regular, but non-involved, spectators than requiring they visit the Black and Gold after racing.......

Would be better if Jamie explained what was happening with the scheme over the PA when there are no tractors etc.  He could then advise that there is a table (or otherwise) set up and any interested parties can speak to an organiser to set up their number(s).  

The spectators then get the same information and you could possibly process more applications (as you could have to keep repeating yourself if more people come to the table at different times).

Maybe it could be put on the home page or be a news item on the website as people on here have said lots don't use social media (only look at the website for match previews etc).

Either way lets hope all numbers are taken.

5 minutes ago, sparks123 said:

Would be better if Jamie explained what was happening with the scheme over the PA when there are no tractors etc.  He could then advise that there is a table (or otherwise) set up and any interested parties can speak to an organiser to set up their number(s).  

The spectators then get the same information and you could possibly process more applications (as you could have to keep repeating yourself if more people come to the table at different times).

Maybe it could be put on the home page or be a news item on the website as people on here have said lots don't use social media (only look at the website for match previews etc).

Either way lets hope all numbers are taken.

50% of numbers away since Saturday announcement. I was on Centre Green and could not hear much think people in main stand heard it. Supporters Club Committee stand on 3rd Bend but hopefully get something in place for Saturday night. Bank Account in place for Direct Debit.

• Like 1

On 8/20/2019 at 6:02 PM, screm said:

Busy few days coming up for Kevin Doolan, Berwick meeting Wednesday, Friday and Saturday, an extra one on Thursday at Kings Lynn as a guest for Belle Vue.

Sadly Kevin has pulled out of his guesting date at Kings Lynn due to injury from last nights accident.