British Speedway Forum

berwick bandits 2019

5 hours ago, balderdash&piffle said:

As I said, would love the opportunity to watch Leon race regularly, if his progression in the sport is elsewhere to the benefit of his career, then I am happy whatever his decision. He is it a stage where sentiment is launched right out of the window.  He owes Berwick speedway nothing, most of his progression has been elsewhere, and with the support of Big Tony is all of his own doing.

Even if that's Newcastle

Regards
THJ

1 hour ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

LOL He is a great kid and Dad Gary will keep him well grounded that is for sure; and no matter where he ends up he is looking like a tremendous prospect, 

Regards
THJ

Its Big Tony, Garys dad that will keep him grounded, and there is hope that he will also keep Gary grounded as well. :party:

• Haha 3

• 4 weeks later...
On 9 October 2018 at 11:27 AM, balderdash&piffle said:

As I said, would love the opportunity to watch Leon race regularly, if his progression in the sport is elsewhere to the benefit of his career, then I am happy whatever his decision. He is it a stage where sentiment is launched right out of the window.  He owes Berwick speedway nothing, most of his progression has been elsewhere, and with the support of Big Tony is all of his own doing.

The team is up for sale.

Maybe need a new promoter before we can try and convince Leon to race for the Bandits.

3 hours ago, sparks123 said:

The team is up for sale.

Maybe need a new promoter before we can try and convince Leon to race for the Bandits.

Dennis McCleary will still be a promoter (unless any new owners get rid of him, which, in my opinion would be a mistake) and both Scott & Jamie have said they are attending the AGM, so they haven't handed in their promoters licences just yet, so time still to sign riders

31 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

In this climate of uncertainty, who would buy a speedway club.

You might be surprised.

True, it is more uncertain this season but in the last few years Belle Vue, Leicester, Glasgow, Berwick, Workington, Sheffield, Peterborough, Isle of Wight, Birmingham & Plymouth have all had new owners.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Halifaxtiger said:

You might be surprised.

True, it is more uncertain this season but in the last few years Belle Vue, Leicester, Glasgow, Berwick, Workington, Sheffield, Peterborough, Isle of Wight, Birmingham & Plymouth have all had new owners.

Would you buy one if you had the conkers, i know i wouldn't. It's equivalent to a one way ticket on the Titanic.

10 hours ago, StevePark said:

both Scott & Jamie have said they are attending the AGM, so they haven't handed in their promoters licences just yet, so time still to sign riders

apparently they still have to attend or they will be fined