British Speedway Forum

Edinburgh vs Workington KO Cup Semi, 1st leg, 28th September 2018, 7.30pm

13 hours ago, dorothy58 said:

Can't believe I am saying this but good luck Monarchs at least with Monarch fans we (weegies) get the usual banter, so hopefully Monarchs hump the Comets, as their fans come across as envious moaners who play the victim role. The Comets team have done very well this year and deservedly so , but certain fans seem to think that other teams should jump to their demands because they have a problem fitting their fixtures in after not having any during the long hot summer.

Dear oh dear :rolleyes: 

Workington just gifted the monarchs this tie.....

What an absolute awful choice of guest in Kevin Doolan. Was going to make the trip up but after watching his efforts guesting for us at Newcastle the other week I'm now going to stay at home

Edited by Midget

14 minutes ago, Midget said:

What an absolute awful choice of guest in Kevin Doolan. Was going to make the trip up but after watching his efforts guesting for us at Newcastle the other week I'm now going to stay at home

What if he wears his Berwick racejacket,will that change your mind?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Midget said:

Well, as I said a few posts back, paid ten from four starts at the last Armadale meeting a fortnight back isn't too shabby.        

Two weeks prior to that,  Klindt also scored paid ten, but from six starts.   None of the rest of your team got anything like Doolan's score -- Campton 6, Bach 4, Jensen 4, Proctor 2, Bickley 0.

1 hour ago, topaz325 said:

Don't put all the Workington fans in the same pot as others , some of us have more tact and diplomacy and decency.

just tell it like everyone was thinking . i suspect even you topaz was thinking why the flip cant he just sit still and wait until the tapes actually rise . you cant have not heard the moans n groans and the odd word towards him when he broke/missed the gate or you could actually see him  slowing down and getting his average low for his new ( old ) team . pity its taken this long to actually find some kind of form . . . 

• Like 3

On ‎9‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 5:29 PM, SharpenRake said:

Hopefully this match will help with Workingtons inability to arrange matches as they will be totally humped and knocked out. Help I've just realised what I've said 

Looks like your wish is about to be granted [ also received a text from a friend they saw a witch on a broomstick flying out the stadium ]

Well, Comets certainly do know how to encourage the missing supporter's back to DP in times of need?

Shocking performance and pretty much smacks of the Comets answer to having too many meetings to fit in, perfect excuse in racing Edinburgh, let them have this and concentrate on the other two, frees up a weekend further along the line? :angry:

Made my mind up anyway, £18.50 saved tomorrow, put it towards the meetings where we'll try harder? :unsure:

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Gazc said:

I have been wracking my brain for the last 3 hours and had to admit defeat I just cannot name one.

25 minutes ago, MANSE said:

Looks like your wish is about to be granted [ also received a text from a friend they saw a witch on a broomstick flying out the stadium ]

1 hour ago, SharpenRake said:

Apart from Taylorj :rofl: name one

Ohh you silly little men ..you obviously don’t know me ..it’s water off a ducks back reading your posts :D My broomstick is a designer one, only the best for me , I’ll be on it 2 weeks tonight flying into Glasgow .. I don’t hide behind my avatar unlike you lot so feel free to say hello anytime  :icon_smile_clown: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Carlislecomet2 said:

I see Nicolai and co. have managed to cheer up the whole of Scotland - now no more greetin, ok.

Thinks I may do a Nicolai myself tomorrow.

8 minutes ago, Lord Lucan said:

Well, Comets certainly do know how to encourage the missing supporter's back to DP in times of need?

Shocking performance and pretty much smacks of the Comets answer to having too many meetings to fit in, perfect excuse in racing Edinburgh, let them have this and concentrate on the other two, frees up a weekend further along the line? :angry:

Made my mind up anyway, £18.50 saved tomorrow, put it towards the meetings where we'll try harder? :unsure:

Come on Wonky fans where's your loyalty :o

• Haha 1