British Speedway Forum

Peterborough v Lakeside KOC, CS SF & Play Off SF 6th/7th Oct

My views on tonight's meeting (Preview)

Peterborough Panthers

Ben Barker - Always riding his heart out until the end. On fire last night in the North West and should produce similar scoring this evening

Emil Grondal - Has been good to achieve at least his average recently, has to make heat 8 a 3 pointer for him and anything other than a last is good in his other outings

Bradley Wilson Dean - Again a full-on racer and should be in for at least 8/9 if not more (Panther's could do with perhaps a few more)

Michael Palm Toft - Recently not been topping the scores but not been too far down. Fans will be hoping MPT is back to business tonight 

Ulrich Ostergaard - Not pulling anything major out since coming back and could be in for another tough night. However, fan's will be hoping for something different 

Jordan Stewart - Was a decent sight last time guesting for the Panthers and has been improving since then but was in an awkward accident in Peterborough's visit to Workington - Could swing it depending on how he goes

Simon Lambert - Returning from his wedding and hoping to pull in another pleasing score down at reserve 

Lakeside Hammers

Richard Lawson - Looking good wherever he goes and will take some stopping tonight if it's the same Lawson who was at Belle Vue recently

Ben Morley - Always good for an upset or two on his day and could be in for a slightly higher score than his last appearance here, especially with the NLRC rolling around

Adam Ellis - Made some guest appearances around The Showground this season and that explains how he goes, impressive! If he's fully fit he could be in for double figures

Kyle Newman R/R - Still out with the injury sustained at Workington in late August. The Hammers (on paper) should be able to cover this as they have done in the past

Aaron Summers - In recent weeks, notching good scores in wherever he goes and has shown in the past of his liking to the track

Broc Nicol - Only scored 1 when he rolled into town with Sheffield during July. No doubt will be trying his heart out as they all will, but can't see him changing the game

Alfie Bowtell - Again, not a game changer, scoring 1 in his recent visit and the time before, 0. Still will be going for it but on paper, shouldn't be doing anything out of the ordinary

Predicted Score

Peterborough - 51

Lakeside - 39

31 minutes ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Seems all the top championship teams have now got riders injured - wiht Craig Cook injured last night in the SGP.

All I hope is that Scunthorpe win nothing at all after all the fixture manipulation by their "promoter". 

Tippex him out of the Management Committee ... briliant idea.:t: Along with the rest of the "management" committee. They need to be a bunch of independents without a vested interst in their own little business. 

Any news on him?

something tells me that the  Peterborough lead is not enough . factor in ben morleys score and nick morris not being there .  bowtell and other home advantages creeping in . its not all over yet .  cant see lakeside losing over the two legs . boro needed a few more points to be sure . .

1 minute ago, jenga said:

something tells me that the  Peterborough lead is not enough . factor in ben morleys score and nick morris not being there .  bowtell and other home advantages creeping in . its not all over yet .  cant see lakeside losing over the two legs . boro needed a few more points to be sure . .

if the 2nd leg was at Lakeside it would be a worry, but at Rye House it should be enough of a lead

2 hours ago, Panther1997 said:

Did I hear right about BWD going back after today?

Didn't think that it's possible to miss anything coming out of that PA. My ears have just stopped ringing.

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Panther1997 said:

Did I hear right about BWD going back after today?

It appears his heat 15 celebration was possibly an end of year farewell from him

Edited by champs99

39 minutes ago, Crump99 said:

Didn't think that it's possible to miss anything coming out of that PA. My ears have just stopped ringing.

I never heard it mentioned on the P A system but with interviews conducted whilst bikes are on the way round I couldn't be sure , someone who is well informed did tell me  that he would not be here till the end of season though but unsure when he will depart and with Ostergaard being a shadow of the rider we know he can be Ged must be very concerned. Just hope he can be persuaded to stay on and Ostergaard  can rekindle some of his form otherwise the season is going to go very flat for Panthers and Panthers fans.

Panthers in the driving seat and its theirs to lose, even at Arena this would be a tough ask to pull back but at Rye it will be hard enough to win the leg, never the mind the tie.

If indeed BWD does not ride and can only be replaced by a NL rider it will be a leveller but I don't want to see that, I want to see two teams at full strength or as close as possible to it, it was a massive blow not having Kyle, Nick and Zach for the first leg, I think we could have been looking at a seriously tasty second leg had that been the case.