British Speedway Forum

Peterborough v Lakeside KOC, CS SF & Play Off SF 6th/7th Oct

8 hours ago, New era Panthers said:

Do I detect Lakeside supporter's willing the meeting to be cancelled and already doing a rain dance.

Yep. This has all the hall marks of a typical Lakeside season.Ive lost count of the times the team have a good run in the league, make the play offs or get close to them then get cut down by injuries when it comes to the crunch. Nothing you can do about it, but it's frustrating when the cookie always seems to crumble the same way.  It's been a really good team to watch this year with everyone chipping in with points, and it's a team that get in well and support each other.  Once Kyle went out with that wrist injury Ithough the writing was on the wall, but I woukd like to finish the season with the team more or less intact.

All very frustrating, but it's just the way the sport goes unfortunately.

• Like 4

I agree  City Rebel,,, i do not like double headers especially against the same team ,,the time lapse however hopefully gives us a chance to field a more representative side

Edited by waco
  • Like 1

As El Adio says the team when complete has been a match for any one this season But a rider missing any time has made us so much weaker,,But although the end of season matches are not looking good for us..this team has given us great entertainment and have been a joy to support this season.......

• Like 4

1 minute ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

And Tippex for the changes... 

Now there's a thought perhaps the BSPA should get in touch with Tippex  for  possible sponsorship, with all the programme changes and rule changes that take place , it could be worth a try . Win win situation speedway gets an injection of cash and Tippex sales go up tenfold.

• Haha 1

Both teams somewhat decimated ,,while Panthers are strong favourites to win the tie ...The guests could play apart in the result on a damp cool evening,,Hope the remaining team riders stay safe on what could be a tricky track tonight........

5 minutes ago, waco said:

Both teams somewhat decimated ,,while Panthers are strong favourites to win the tie ...The guests could play apart in the result on a damp cool evening,,Hope the remaining team riders stay safe on what could be a tricky track tonight........

If Summers rides like he rode for Berwick at the showground a couple of weeks ago  then Morris wont be such a miss'

1 hour ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

And Tippex for the changes... 

I just take a blank one and fill it in using initials when teams eventually get annouced amongst the waffle.. It used to be easy to be right most of the time pre meeting but it's just not worth the effort these days.

Edited by Crump99

Seems all the top championship teams have now got riders injured - wiht Craig Cook injured last night in the SGP.

All I hope is that Scunthorpe win nothing at all after all the fixture manipulation by their "promoter". 

Tippex him out of the Management Committee ... briliant idea.:t: Along with the rest of the "management" committee. They need to be a bunch of independents without a vested interst in their own little business. 

• Like 4