British Speedway Forum

Peterborough v Lakeside KOC, CS SF & Play Off SF 6th/7th Oct

22 hours ago, matertron said:

Just a note on Sundays curfew confusion. I think it caught everyone off guard, there was no discussion of a call of from what I heard prior to heat 13, and the abandonment came straight from the referee as soon as the heat was completed. From what I saw they were ready to send heat 14 in the pits until it was announced. And from what I understand it was at the request of the stadium to call the meeting at that point. I'm not certain Lakeside were even aware.  

At the end of the day there was nothing left to race for and I know for a fact that riders were beginning to struggle with machinery and in particular 1 panther rider who was struggling with tires. For the sake of not risking unnecessary injuries or machine damage ahead of the second leg the day after and for the sake of keeping the residents happy I have no problem with the decision whatsoever. 

And in regards to Ben and Alfie being replaced, as already mentioned the NLRC took priority and they had to attend, it was completely unrealistic from the start to expect them to complete that and get to P'boro in time, let alone being fit and fully prepared. The decision to replace them should have been done well in advance. Can't stand these accusations of it being tactical, if anything its a credit to Lakeside for wanting to run with their own team if they could. 

Not sure how that can be. TEAMS get 7 tyres per meeting to be used as and how they seem fit. They can chop and change them around as much as they like within the team. A reserve who gets seven rides is unlikely to use the same tyre, and a team using R/R still gets seven tyres. If a ride is struggling with tyres just borrow somebody else's back wheel.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jenga said:

so it seems like tyres dont last 7 races max now . are they made out of rubber ? lol . 6 xtra rear tyres available to any rider who is struggling with them . borrow yer mates . 

Rye is like riding on concrete, I wouldn't be suprised if they didn't last a meeting on that track.

• Like 1

Saturdays meeting is looking dodgy according to weather reports let's hope they have got it wrong ,,or more ghastly double headers could be on the cards how much more of these fiascos can the fans take.  ,,,All this could have been avoided in the summer had we not gone several weeks in between meetings..The mind boggles at the stupidity of it all,,,,

Edited by waco
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, cityrebel said:

Rye is like riding on concrete, I wouldn't be suprised if they didn't last a meeting on that track.

If you can get the right setup and get the power to the ground rather than it spinning its ** off  you should be able to get enough rides out a tyre for a meeting 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TonyE said:

In most cases, the GP can be recorded. Weather, however, looks to be a big issue given the forecast.

The poor weather has been on the cards since the beginning of this week. It is a pity our meeting hasn't been brought forward to tomorrow. The stadium must be available.

I suppose it would be to much for them to notify fans with a new date with the likely hood of a cancelation on saturday so that fans can make plans to attend in advance..??

52 minutes ago, marko said:

Yes all those weeks in the summer when the weather was kind, and we end up in a rush to get meetings done in October where the weather turns and even if it’s dry, it’s cold and breezy.

The only date Lakeside could be blamed over was v Glasgow, 7th July, due to World Cup. There were two Friday away fixtures in June and three at home, then in July the only home match was v Sheffield on 13th. 20th was the Championship pairs then 27th v Peterborough was ruled out by the BSPA.  Now we come to August managing just one again v Ipswich on the 3rd. The 10th v Peterborough and 24th v Newcastle were rained off whilst the scheduled trip to Workington on 17th cancelled at short notice by Rob Godfrey and his chums.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, waco said:

I suppose it would be to much for them to notify fans with a new date with the likely hood of a cancelation on saturday so that fans can make plans to attend in advance..??

If it is rained off, next Saturday is no good as Peterborough are already hosting Scunthorpe in the final leg of the KOC. It cannot be allowed to drag on to the 20th so they may have to consider this Sunday instead, midday start.

1 hour ago, waco said:

Unless the weather reports are regular I can see the attendance hit quite hard as the GP will affect it as well.

8 hours ago, tocha said:

The only date Lakeside could be blamed over was v Glasgow, 7th July, due to World Cup. There were two Friday away fixtures in June and three at home, then in July the only home match was v Sheffield on 13th. 20th was the Championship pairs then 27th v Peterborough was ruled out by the BSPA.  Now we come to August managing just one again v Ipswich on the 3rd. The 10th v Peterborough and 24th v Newcastle were rained off whilst the scheduled trip to Workington on 17th cancelled at short notice by Rob Godfrey and his chums.

Not apportioning blame to any particular party but simply saying that there were weeks we didn’t run, sometimes because of other sporting events, but now we are running head to head with another sporting event anyway, except in October staying in is a lot more an attractive option.

3 hours ago, barraider said:

Gp wins for me this saturday/hopefully tai can add too his world titles, don't think i could stomach another lakeside vs peterborough meeting at the mo

I will be working so don’t have the choice, however if I had I would probably have stayed at home, The idea of going to Rye and tainting  my lasting memory of the Hammers for 2018 is also a consideration, that last meeting against Glasgow is a very happy memory, also the fact I have heard nothing but bad things about the track at Rye does not inspire me.