British Speedway Forum

Wolves 2019

Yampy

19 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

Well he shouldn’t be without Wolves giving permission!

Think we need to get a reality check.

We all know chances are every season riders will play the situation to seek out the best deal possible irrespective of whom may own them as an asset in UK. However whether they get approval to ride elsewhere ultimately has to be down to the asset owners approval if said rider expresses a wish not to ride for his so called parent club.

If for example Pawlicki said  - I don't want to ride for a Monday Club because I want to ride POL Sunday - Swe Tue and then UK Thursday (mainly) as it suits my commitments and travel arrangements better, then maybe a case ??. Plus more meetings are likely to be on a Thur with Mondays limited to a few dates per season which I prefer ??

Only giving an example here as a possible argument not to ride for Wolves ??.

A lot of the riders I think drive from POL and then use ferries for Swe so would not have to fly POL/UK - then UK to SWE and the Swe/POL and then POL/UK and then UK/POL.

Just thinking aloud here.

Shamek was in talks with Poole last year, not Piotr and they are awaiting a reply as he sorts out his Swedish contract if he is going to ride there. If he doesn't, Britain may fill the gap. Would be one of the best riders in the league if he returned but think he will end up doing Sweden again. 

Masters, Thorssell and Howarth (new GSA has him now at 4.96 without deduction) all look certain and with one old and one new face likely to join them, they obviously have a clear indication which way the team will be built. 

Old face is a rider that has rode here before but not recently (not Pedersen) and Pawlicki could be under that bracket, but so does Matej Zagar, Kim Nilsson, Andreas Jonsson and a few others.

New face could be Becker, Bernzton, Kling or any newbie

No real thought had to go into that as he will be a bargain but it would be nice to know the average he comes in on as it's different on Wolverhampton site and two different figures on the BSPA site and may even have deductions on that. 4.84 - 5.16 are the figures.

Be great at reserve alongside Luke Becker or Tom Bacon

Edited by T.N.T.
  • Like 1

• Sam Masters 8.11
  • KYLE HOWARTH 4.84 (4.96)
  • -
  • Jacob Thorssell 7.25
  • - 
  • -
  • - 

NUMBER 5 - Rory Schlein 7.92 - Wolves or Ipswich ? OR Piotr Pawlicki 8.00 - Return or Not ?

Klindt, Musielak, Proctor, Wells - sold in recent years so unlikely to feature. They have said two of the signings are ONE rider returning to Brotain and ONE New rider which could be Pawlicki and Becker but could be Kim Nilsson and Ricky Kling. 

RESERVES - Ashley Morris 3.57 (3.66) - If at reserve all season ? - Luke Becker 4.00 - Everyone wants him - Tom Bacon 3.04 (3.11) - Panthers asset, Wolves favourite ? - Could Howarth start at six ?

Will Luke and Kyle be at 6 & 7?

The only issue with this is we would lose Ashley Morris who could easily put a point on his average at no.7. 

Definitely not weak at reserve in 2019 whichever way we go. Just got to make sure the others are all on the upward curve too. 

18 minutes ago, superguest said:

Will Luke and Kyle be at 6 & 7?

The only issue with this is we would lose Ashley Morris who could easily put a point on his average at no.7. 

Definitely not weak at reserve in 2019 whichever way we go. Just got to make sure the others are all on the upward curve too. 

If Becker ends up being on 5.00, I doubt it. Nearly 10pts at reserve seems heavy to me, but if they're not, then Greaves or Morris with Howarth at  6 & 7 puts Becker goes into the 1-5 from the get go which can't be the plan can it?