British Speedway Forum

Wolves 2019

Yampy

1 hour ago, 847084 said:

Isn't 'pointless tweet' an example of oxymoron?

11 minutes ago, 847084 said:

Of course! Think before posting next time.

Perhaps tautology is what I had in mind.

Apologies. When I read your original post I did take your original meaning to be that being pointless and a tweet can often be the same thing, hence my laughing emoji. I wasn't laughing because I thought you believed it to be an oxymoron. I took your question mark to indicate that you were being ironic.

Seems a few were left wondering what that post on Twitter meant especially when it gets on other sites and you don't see the comments made. Seems to be something a school kid would post but strange for an official account to post.

Did the post White Bunnies on the first of the month 

• Like 2

On 9/26/2018 at 2:04 PM, Call me wolfie said:

Looking at the current GSA's there is the potential to have a much more balanced side next year assuming the current league structure and points limit remains the same

Sam Masters       8.11

Jacob Thorssell  7.25

Nick Morris          6.91

Ricky Wells           5.43

Kyle Howarth       5.16

Nathan Greaves   3.25

Leaving 6.39 for one more rider. We have to have more strength in depth if we don't go with Freddie at No 1 and this would give us 3 decent heat leaders, 2 decent second strings and Kyle and Nathan at reserve

42.5 it is then, lets see how close we get to this

So, apologies if I'm missing something here, but the last averages show Ricky Wells on 5.77 yet above someone has stated he'll be on 5.43... and it has also been said that Kyle Howarth and Nathan Greaves will be on reduced averages, they are currently showing as having 5.16 and 3.25 respectively.... What are the averages that will be in place??

My final question is... If Freddie is considered, what average would he start with?

9 minutes ago, Yampy said:

So, apologies if I'm missing something here, but the last averages show Ricky Wells on 5.77 yet above someone has stated he'll be on 5.43... and it has also been said that Kyle Howarth and Nathan Greaves will be on reduced averages, they are currently showing as having 5.16 and 3.25 respectively.... What are the averages that will be in place??

My final question is... If Freddie is considered, what average would he start with?

Would have to be his 2017 average if you take precedent set by other clubs using outdated averages.

However it’s the BSPA, so it could be anything.

20 hours ago, Boffy said:

Greaves and Howarth will have reduced averages

Why Howarth ?

Nathan should but only from 3.25 to 3.19 and not sure when Ashley Morris last did the NL if he gets anything off his 3.66.

So we have a Premiership meaning just 12 home meetings in the league and 1 cup match as a minimum and the same teams over and over again and that means of the 13 there will be 3 against the same team (23% against the same team)

Wolves finished the season with a combined average of just 35.43 without Andersen so with a small reduction to Greaves they could fill that last place with. Rider upto 7.13 which could mean Nick Morris 6.91 slotting in nicely . However it would be no surprise if Wolves went for Luke Becker who may be signed on a 4.00 at reserve it would leave space for someone like Wells or Richie Worrall

1- Sam Masters 8.11

2- Kyle Howarth 5.16

3- Nick Morris 6.91 - - - - Ricky Wells 5.77

4- Jacob Thorssell 7.25

5- Rory Schelin 8.00

6- Ash Morris 3.66

7- Nathan Greaves 3.19 - - - - Luke Becker 4.00

9 minutes ago, INCOGNITO said:

Why Howarth ?

Nathan should but only from 3.25 to 3.19 and not sure when Ashley Morris last did the NL if he gets anything off his 3.66.

So we have a Premiership meaning just 12 home meetings in the league and 1 cup match as a minimum and the same teams over and over again and that means of the 13 there will be 3 against the same team (23% against the same team)

Wolves finished the season with a combined average of just 35.43 without Andersen so with a small reduction to Greaves they could fill that last place with. Rider upto 7.13 which could mean Nick Morris 6.91 slotting in nicely . However it would be no surprise if Wolves went for Luke Becker who may be signed on a 4.00 at reserve it would leave space for someone like Wells or Richie Worrall

1- Sam Masters 8.11

2- Kyle Howarth 5.16

3- Nick Morris 6.91 - - - - Ricky Wells 5.77

4- Jacob Thorssell 7.25

5- Rory Schelin 8.00

6- Ash Morris 3.66

7- Nathan Greaves 3.19 - - - - Luke Becker 4.00

Got a feeling Schlein will be riding for Ipswich.We need riders who can ride big fast tracks as Peterborough is another graveyard for us.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Wolfie456 said:

Got a feeling Schlein will be riding for Ipswich.We need riders who can ride big fast tracks as Peterborough is another graveyard for us.

Doyle is looking like being their number one and wouldn't be suprised to see two former witches in Andersen and Nicholls there behind him and may feel that Rory could choose Wolves over Ipswich now he has to pick

having said that, both Nicholls and Andersen would fit in well at Peterborough 

Edited by INCOGNITO

27 minutes ago, Col said:

If Piotr Pawlicki (without a Eliteserin ride) is 8.00 what would remain if he signed alongside Thorsell, N Morris, Greaves & Wells?

Pawlicki 8.00, Thorssell 7.25, Nick Morris 6.91, Wells 5.77, Greaves 3.19 leaves 11.38 for last two places

Masters 8.11, Pawlicki or Schlein 8.00, Thorssell 7.25, Wells 5.77, Howarth 5.16, Greaves 3.19, ..... leaves 5.02 for last place so either a new rider or someone like Jake Allen, Aaron Summers, Paul Starke, N B Jacobsen, 

Why would Pawlicki be on 8.00?

There is nothing announced so far that suggests that rule is still applicable for 2019. Also he acquired an average of I think 7.22 last time around.

Whatever the situation I guess he won't make any decision on where he might ride until he's fully recovered from his operation.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Why would Pawlicki be on 8.00?

There is nothing announced so far that suggests that rule is still applicable for 2019. Also he acquired an average of I think 7.22 last time around.

Whatever the situation I guess he won't make any decision on where he might ride until he's fully recovered from his operation.

His 7.32 average from 2014 surely wont be valid. Wasn't aware of fitness issues.

If available, he should be first name on the Wolves team sheet.

Edited by Col

1. Sam Masters 8.11
2. Ricky Wells 5.77
3. A.N.Other 5.70
4. Jacob Thorssell 7.25
5. Piotr Pawlicki 7.32
6. Kyle Howarth 5.16
7. Nathan Greaves 3.19

Suggestions for rider 3 welcomed.

Pretty sure Pawlicki would be under the ruling they bought in last year that made all GP riders that were no longer riding here at least 8.00 and therefore Vaculik cam in on an 8.00 average. 

If he isn't doing Sweden and Britain is on Monday and Thursday it could benefit him having 24 league matches plus a few extra between weekend commitments and would certainly be one of the most entertaining riders in the league.

Just because Ipswich have moved up, don't start thinking Rory won't be back as he clearly likes riding at Wolves and think he may choose Monmore over Foxhall if he is given the choice.