British Speedway Forum

Wolves 2019

Yampy

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Hope not I want a Brit to win it. He is taking a Brits spot in the lineup. Totally wrong.

Bill Andrew - Poole & New Zealand rode in two British Finals !! 

Was it okay then??? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tracy Bird said:

Up to the mid seventies all commonwealth riders rode in the British world championship rounds

That’s the point I was making. All this fuss about Schein riding in a British Final but it used to be commonplace for Commonwealth riders to not only ride in it but win, not to mention ride for Great Britain in Test Matches. 

If Rory has a British licence there’s no reason why he shouldn’t ride in the British Final. Plenty of foreign born sportsmen have represented GB in a variety of sports , notably cricket over the years. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Tracy Bird said:

Up to the mid seventies all commonwealth riders rode in the British world championship rounds

It’s very simple, to me. When you represent a country at international level, that’s your country thereafter. 

• 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Lefty said:

Any chance of Peterborough (B) away fixture being sorted out before Brexit or play-off cut-off date? It might be important. 

According to last nights programme We are disappointed with Peterborough’s lack of cooperation especially as the original date of 16th May was cancelled at there request. We have offered to go on Monday 9th or 16th but have only been offered 19th which is only 4 days before play offs begin

4 minutes ago, Red Flag said:

According to last nights programme We are disappointed with Peterborough’s lack of cooperation especially as the original date of 16th May was cancelled at there request. We have offered to go on Monday 9th or 16th but have only been offered 19th which is only 4 days before play offs begin

And is the day of the cut off for league meetings to be completed, what happens if it rains?

2 hours ago, Red Flag said:

Swindon go there on the 9th,The Weasel too. :D

Edited by The Weasel
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/27/2019 at 6:42 PM, Call me wolfie said:

I notice the long awaited supporters cup meeting v Peterborough has finally been re-arranged for Sunday 13th at 4pm, followed by the British junior championships

That may not happen now if we get to play off final our home leg will be on the following night 14th.

2 hours ago, Tommy Sweetman said:

Are the green sheet averages published on 26th September the final ones ?,or is there another one to come in early October.Wolves currently being 42.36 being in an healthy position if all remains the same for 2020.

If you check those averages they have the ‘new’ averages for October which are valid now.

http://www.speedwaygb.co.uk/files/downloads/p19_issue_25.pdf

Edited by stevebrum
Added detail.

15 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

If you check those averages they have the ‘new’ averages for October which are valid now.

http://www.speedwaygb.co.uk/files/downloads/p19_issue_25.pdf

I think what he means Steve is will the averages change again after the playoffs or is that the final end of season averages. As far as I'm aware playoffs aren't included in rolling averages so they shouldn't change again