British Speedway Forum

Wolves 2019

Yampy

On 6/18/2019 at 10:31 PM, foreverblue said:

Why sadly? He isn't good enough, always going to be the weak link .

Because people want their riders to succeed and would rather not chop and change too much? I feel the same about Kasper at Lynn, desperately wanted him to cut it.

7 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

So we could replace Nick with someone over 8 then.

Nicks average is now 5.84 so 7.99 to replace him. Or 5.47 to replace Ashley, dropping Kyle to reserve

Which one is best I have no idea, it depends who's available I guess

Edited by Call me wolfie
  • Like 2

If we had a rider capable of being a number one then Ashley wouldn't be under pressure. He's  a safe, solid rider, a Wolves man through and through. After his injury at King's Lynn and subsequent comeback he should not be under the spotlight. He's the type of rider that's made the Wolves a team to follow. I've followed the Wolves since the 60's and I follow the team - the Wolf pack. It was a good enough seven on paper at the start of the season. Get behind them and watch 'em win away. Just wish it was a home match every Monday and a damn site more teams than seven..... and No Doubling Up:drink:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Lefty said:

Just wish it was a home match every Monday and a damn site more teams than seven..... and No Doubling Up:drink:

Ah what dreams of what could be! And what used to be when a large number of people followed speedway. They haven't all died, it's just that as the racing quality fell away their interest died. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Lefty said:

If we had a rider capable of being a number one then Ashley wouldn't be under pressure. He's  a safe, solid rider, a Wolves man through and through. After his injury at King's Lynn and subsequent comeback he should not be under the spotlight. He's the type of rider that's made the Wolves a team to follow. I've followed the Wolves since the 60's and I follow the team - the Wolf pack. It was a good enough seven on paper at the start of the season. Get behind them and watch 'em win away. Just wish it was a home match every Monday and a damn site more teams than seven..... and No Doubling Up:drink:

We have 2.15 points available to strengthen, it would be stupid not to use them, any other team would in our position

6 hours ago, stevebrum said:

Fully support that. Whoever rides at 1 will see their average drop. 

If the averages drop much more we'll have a team of reserves.