British Speedway Forum

Wolves 2019

Yampy

5 hours ago, Call me wolfie said:

Belle Vue fans seem to be losing their patience with Ricky Wells, could he be the answer to replace Ashley Morris at reserve. His average should fit come 1st July.

Also, after last night's scores, Sam looks set to retain his No 1 position

He'd be ok at reserve nothing elseĀ 

1 hour ago, noaksey said:

Looked ok at Monmore the other week....

We wont get a better reserve tbh

At reserve would be a no brainier.

How much do we have to play with tho? Ricky is 4.52 and Ash more than a full point less on 3.44.

Ā 

Edited by stevebrum
Added detail

On 6/9/2019 at 11:55 PM, JackJack said:

Hi, I am thinking about going to a WolverhamptonĀ meeting, the one against PeterboroughĀ at the end of July.Ā Can someone give me any advice on which are the best (cheapest) hotels to stop in, maybe within walking distance?Ā Where to park my car once I'm at the stadium, how much parking/tickets/programs are... Any advice for a first time visitor would be appreciated, thanks very much. Looking forward to seeing what WolverhamptonĀ has to offer.

Depends how far you are willing to walk in regards to a hotel.Ā  The nearest hotel I can think of is the Novotel by the railway station which is probably just overĀ a mile from the stadium, the walk would be along the Bilston Road.Ā  A couple of car dealerships on the one side of the road (VW, Vauxhall & Toyota I think)Ā on the opposite side there is a B&M, Go Outdoors, Renault dealership, Dunelm and a few other stores.Ā  Far from idyllic!!

If you want any more info send me a PM.

10 hours ago, stevebrum said:

At reserve would be a no brainier.

How much do we have to play with tho? Ricky is 4.52 and Ash more than a full point less on 3.44.

Ā 

The latest rolling averages on speedway GB site add up to 40.35 so 2.15 to play with. Ashley now 3.32 and Ricky now 4.42 so should easily fit if these figures are correct

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Call me wolfie said:

The latest rolling averages on speedway GB site add up to 40.35 so 2.15 to play with. Ashley now 3.32 and Ricky now 4.42 so should easily fit if these figures are correct

Interesting to see if Wells gets the sack then!

1 hour ago, geoff58 said:

for him personally don't like seeing riders sacked by any team !!! but yes teams have to make changes !!

If they are not performing they have to go, it sometimes does a rider good not to ride in the top league for a while and get their confidence back or change to a different team. Change can work out for the rider and the team. Wells has always been good at the tighter tracks so in my opinion riding in the wide open spaces of the NSS was never going to suit him.

3 hours ago, geoff58 said:

your welcome to him but don't build your hopes up lol !! its not 100% we will sack him ? lemmo is pretty loyal we don't do many changes as a rule ? but the fans are unsettled i'm sure he reads fans forums etc and we need a winning team for attendances at NSS losing team will result in lower crowds which we can't afford sadly !!

Ā 

That's the problem, we tend to be very loyal aswell, I don't see us dropping any of the top 5 or Becker. Ashley is the obvious choice but options on replacing him are very limited

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ch958 said:

here's a weird idea - how about clubs stick with riders and support the 1 to 7. Too many changes - no loyalty, no continuity. One of the many problems

And you've had exactly this with Ben Barker this year - a guy who has done very well for the Bears in his time with you, but obviously had an issue that the Redcar management felt was too much for their loyalty to him to continue.

It is a very good point you make - it would indeed be an interesting season if clubs could only change a rider when one is injured ā€¦.. and even then there would probably need to be something in place to check that any injuries were genuine.Ā 

3 hours ago, geoff58 said:

your welcome to him but don't build your hopes up lol !! its not 100% we will sack him ? lemmo is pretty loyal we don't do many changes as a rule ? but the fans are unsettled i'm sure he reads fans forums etc and we need a winning team for attendances at NSS losing team will result in lower crowds which we can't afford sadly !!

Ā 

I expect Lemmo's loyalty only remains with a rider if he is not able to sign one he feels would improve the team - Wells' place maybe safe only because of the maths at the moment. Lemon soon sacked Justin Sedgemen when Rohan Tungate be came available - and I'm not sure that replacing Jye Etheridge with Mark Riss will go down as one of Mark's better decisions!!

I'm not suggesting NO changes - there are just too many these days, far too many. Obviously, injuries and teams occasionally need to strengthen but to squeeze riders in and out based on averages like we are is awful. Once you have a culture of win at all costs you're knackered because not everyone can win!

We've been loyal to Barker - it ends in tears every where he goes.

Edited by ch958

6 hours ago, stevebrum said:

Interesting to see if Wells gets the sack then!

I expected he would have been gone now after that shocking effort at Swindon.

Bellego has been taken, there really isn't much out there.

I can only assume that we may ride on the back of the upcoming KL changes.

Proctor will be free potentiallyĀ 

20 minutes ago, acef said:

I expected he would have been gone now after that shocking effort at Swindon.

Bellego has been taken, there really isn't much out there.

I can only assume that we may ride on the back of the upcoming KL changes.

Proctor will be free potentiallyĀ 

There are limited options these days for making changes and itā€™s likely there isnā€™t anyone better on his average to replace him with.

As for Wolves they are usually loyal to riders but have been more ruthless in recent seasons.

Its all speculation anyway if it may or may not happen anyway.

This season may well be done but we need to part ways with a number of riders in the Summer that haven't improved over recent years when you consider their current averages.Ā 

Howarth, Thorssell, Masters and Ashley Morris to name a few.Ā 

Get Freddie back regardless of the cost. People won't turn up to watch a crap team lose at home anyway. Time for the promotion to stop trying to do it on the cheap.Ā 

Time to get rid of riders on averages of which they can't improve, rather have those on averages that they can actually improve.Ā 

Edited by Perton Wolf

31 minutes ago, Perton Wolf said:

Ā 

Time to get riders on averages of which they can't improve, rather than those on averages that they have no chance of improving.Ā 

We had that in Thorssell and Morris, unfortunately they both were injured and that was the beginning of the woes.

Throw in the deterioration in the track and home advantage out the window and the disastrous season unfolds.